David J Severn is off-line
24 March 2014 03:57
nikondave
Photographer
nikondave
Derbyshire
Derby

Hi All
       I'm asking what rules the people with studios run their group sessions to.
I recently decided to make a photographer aware that I wasn't happy with his behavoir, he agreed to work as I said, then in the last 10 minutes of another group did exactly the same thing. I have told him that he isn't welcome on my events or in my studio, I know I have done the right thing.

No names will be given out. But what rules do other studios go by. Its my studio and my business, my name on the lease etc, so is it a case of what I say goes ?
David J Severn Keeping Life in Focus

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
24 March 2014 04:08
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

You don't have to name names but it would be nice to know what he did and thereby will allow others to comment on whether his behaviour is tolerated (and perhaps others can comment on other behaviour that annoyed them and how they dealt with it).
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

David Hibberd is off-line
24 March 2014 04:11
davidhibberd
Photographer
davidhibberd
Highland

Quote from nikondave
Its my studio and my business, my name on the lease etc, so is it a case of what I say goes ?

Absolutely.  Presumably your rules are known to the users, are sensible and your approach to the photographer was courteous and tactful.

Here for a short time for a good time

OldMaster is off-line
24 March 2014 06:07
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

..."I have told him that he isn't welcome on my events or in my studio, I know I have done the right thing"

Well, that's it then, isn't it?

You gave the offender a warning, it is your studio, they are your rules and I suspect the culprit also trampled on the sensibilities of both the model and other togs who were looking for a relaxing and fun experience.

Sadly boorish selfish behaviour is not exclusive to photo studio events and I expect you will find he feels that he has this right to behave in this way in all kinds of other circumstances!!

Mark Silvester is off-lineGold Member
25 March 2014 04:09
marksilvester
Photographer
marksilvester
Dorset
Gillingham

I run tuitions at my studio, if any one asks a model to pose above the level of the tuition e.g. tasteful art nude, then I just step in and say thats not an appropriate pose try this…

If they persist a quite word but they are removed from the mailing list.

I also prefer not to advertise on model sites like these but have built up a client list from the other tuitions I have run so the vast majority of photographers are known to me. That helps avoid the strangers who are perhaps there for the wrong reason. Nothing against PS or PP or the others but I prefer to build my own client base.

RKD Photographic is off-line
25 March 2014 11:29
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

My studio, my rules.
No idea what occasioned the OPs post, but any behaviour I deem inappropriate I will speak to the individiual and if steps are not taken to moderate the behaviour they will be ejected - and that includes being a soap-dodger as we had on one recent workshop (and this was the model, not one of the photographers!)
"When I hold a camera, I know no fear..." - Alfred Eisenstadt

Bill_M is off-line
30 March 2014 04:15
Bill_M
Photographer

Lanarkshire

Its simple, it's your studio, you're the boss, you make the rules, if they don't like them let them find another one (before getting kicked out of it too!)

Mike Blissett is off-line
31 March 2014 09:13
MikeBee
Photographer

Kent
Canterbury

David,
You'll think who ever is involved would know better and know how to show respect. Once that seed of rot is set as with everything it can wreck everybody's day.
Why does anybody feel everybody should be treated as children and issue rules, warnings in this life. Next thing people would say .. Well you never told me so how was I to know?

However, we all do have times when events can get out of hand and it's best you then a offer a broadside warning and see if it's taken seriously and then make your move.

Control is the name of the game here, people by their own nature need boundaries so make sure there clear.

Mike

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
31 March 2014 09:16
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I still say it would be nice to know what this guy did that provoked this thread. Just sayin'
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

David J Severn is off-line
31 March 2014 09:50
nikondave
Photographer
nikondave
Derbyshire
Derby

This was a group shoot, the model is very well known and experienced, he had been warned over this previously, and agreed he would just take his pictures.

1) pushing levels, then argueing with the model, he thinks it was good natured banter I did not
2) unprofessional and lewd comments to the model

he also did something else which I am not posting publicly.

I had also had other photographers say they would not attend any shoot that he was booked on !
David J Severn Keeping Life in Focus

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa ElleLaura fernandarevelo glamourdolly Kacie
AClarkePhoto aprilscherz3 Arterotica chicimages cliffc Elegant_element hjphoto KosupureUK mamamiya mlp modelboutique psn Thunder_Photos trouble72
Matt