Pete Whelan is off-line
22 March 2014 09:46
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Merseyside
Wirral

I wonder if anyone can help.

Just subscribed to the Adobe phographer package and installed it on a brand new acer machine running windows 8, 8gb Ram, 1T HD etc so plenty powerful.

Designed a very straight forward poster early in the week consisting of a solid colour with some black text, document size is 43 m so not huge.

I need to edit the text but when I have gone back into the document, selected the text tool, clicked on the text box to amend it, the curser stops flashing and any changes I make are invisible, even to the point that nothing actually happens.

When I click the check/tick sign at the top of the page the amendments become visible.

When I use the mouse scroll to zoom in and out, the rules change size but the document stays the same until I click off it.

I have done a complete re-install but it is exactly the same.

I have created a new document in case the old one is corrupt, same problem.

I'm sure its something stupid like a setting as it was fine previously, but I'm buggered if I can find it.

Any help would be most appreciated

Ta
www.vipimages.co.uk www.vipstudios.co.uk

KHV is off-line
22 March 2014 10:28
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

Go to the Adobe Forum, and you can use your Adobe user name to log-in.

Although 8g RAM is sufficient, you will find these days that you really need 16+G to get good results but that depends on your processor and what else you are running at the same time.

You are saving as layers yes ?

Pete Whelan is off-line
22 March 2014 11:14
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Merseyside
Wirral

the adobe forum was undergoing maintenance when I tried before

its been working fine, but something has suddenly changed and the document isn't that big for it to be an issue

really odd
www.vipimages.co.uk www.vipstudios.co.uk

9 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AliceStar modelstuff Shsksjsns
alexcrawford Auctioneer PototoMonroe rscott360 tonycsm Vinceb