Hazel Ashton is off-line
18 March 2014 12:34
Hazel_Ashton
Model
Hazel_Ashton
West Yorkshire
Leeds

Hello everyone :-)

Well I need help in identifying this odd looking spider that was in my Garden the other day, looks possibly like a Mouse Spider but I don't know and would like to know!!

Yes I am female and no I am not afraid of spiders or bugs :-)

Hazel - Contact me for any photoshoots you want to do if your interested

Mad Mod is off-line
18 March 2014 13:09
MadMod
Make-up Artist
MadMod
West Sussex

It looks like it might be a female Badumna insignis.

Frank Sinnott is off-line
18 March 2014 13:09
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

Aaagh spider run and I'm a guy. If this is a mouse spider does that mean it can kill mice. If that's so then it's one MF.

Hazel Ashton is off-line
18 March 2014 13:26
Hazel_Ashton
Model
Hazel_Ashton
West Yorkshire
Leeds

Quote from MadMod
It looks like it might be a female Badumna insignis.

Ohhh interesting looks very similar! And it is from NZ and Australia wonder how it got here 

A mouse spider is http://www.uksafari.com/mousespider.htm

Hazel Ashton is off-line
18 March 2014 13:30
Hazel_Ashton
Model
Hazel_Ashton
West Yorkshire
Leeds

We've actually had another unusual creature -

This is a magpie moth from what I have been told and is uncommon up North indecision

HowardJ is off-line
18 March 2014 16:16
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Blimey that's one big spider!!

Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
18 March 2014 17:56
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

Not a Magpie, moth, a Small Magpie. It's very common in the southern half of Britain, becoming less so further north, and flies in June and July. The larva feeds from a rolled or spun leaf in August and September before hibernating in a tough silk cocoon in a hollow stem or under bark. Pupation occurs in May in the same cocoon, without further feeding.
The Magpie Moth is a medium-sized moth which is quite butterfly like in appearance. It is on the wing during summer when it can be frequently found in gardens, as well as woodland, scrub and heather moorland. The Magpie Moth overwinters as a caterpillar and pupates in late spring. Widespread in England, Wales and the lowlands of Scotland.
The intriguing thing is the fact that it's flying NOW - it's far too early for it! Can't help with the spider I'm afraid, beyond my expertise.

Kevin Juden is off-lineSilver Member
19 March 2014 16:17
speedway45
Photographer

East Sussex

Everything is common,sorry uncommon up north.
Quote from Hazel_Ashton
We've actually had another unusual creature -

This is a magpie moth from what I have been told and is uncommon up North 

Hazel Ashton is off-line
21 March 2014 13:00
Hazel_Ashton
Model
Hazel_Ashton
West Yorkshire
Leeds

Quote from Kiboko
Not a Magpie, moth, a Small Magpie. It's very common in the southern half of Britain, becoming less so further north, and flies in June and July. The larva feeds from a rolled or spun leaf in August and September before hibernating in a tough silk cocoon in a hollow stem or under bark. Pupation occurs in May in the same cocoon, without further feeding. The Magpie Moth is a medium-sized moth which is quite butterfly like in appearance. It is on the wing during summer when it can be frequently found in gardens, as well as woodland, scrub and heather moorland. The Magpie Moth overwinters as a caterpillar and pupates in late spring. Widespread in England, Wales and the lowlands of Scotland. The intriguing thing is the fact that it's flying NOW - it's far too early for it! Can't help with the spider I'm afraid, beyond my expertise.

Oooooh interesting! Quite pleased about it, normally you just get your plain bog standard boring ones :-) 

13 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
RoxyMendez
Brownnwhite chicimages idubai2018 KosupureUK nsw1982 Shootonlocation skymouse stevegosh Steveh32 tms WellandPhoto
prpstudios