Calumet US - files for chapter 7 bankruptcy protection

Razoir is off-line
17 May 2014 09:58
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

Well Cambo are happy to supply me direct from their UK operation, so sorry Calumet but that is the route I am going.

I plan on spending close to £10K in June on camera gear and would have put most of that through Calumet Bristol but the combination of a saving of over £800 if I buy from Amazon and the security of getting the Cambo kit direct, has meant that they will probably only supply a couple of own brand batteries. Great shame.
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

Bill_M is off-line
17 May 2014 10:12
Bill_M
Photographer

Lanarkshire

I wonder what the problem is with their website. It does not take 10 days to restore a backup of a site that was fully working less than a fortnight ago - I would have thought that an hour at the most would have done it.

Razoir is off-line
19 May 2014 14:16
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

I now have the Cambo kit ordered, with an upgrade on the model, a discount and a good price.
They have even promised to reserve the stuff I want until I am able to pay them next month.
Brilliant.

I am deeply sorry to have taken so much business from Calumet, the Bristol branch is excellent and the staff very helpful and friendly but business is business.

Here's hoping they will get back on track and I can return to their fold.
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

Bill_M is off-line
19 May 2014 15:01
Bill_M
Photographer

Lanarkshire

If you enter the URL for the UK site now, you get the first page of the American one, but with none of the links working. Something very strange is going on, as that's now about two weeks of web orders they have lost.

Dave Beasley is off-line
21 May 2014 12:25
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

Just had a text message from Calumet saying Calumet web site back up at new URL

www/calphoto.co.uk

Dave Beasley is off-line
21 May 2014 12:25
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

Just had a text message from Calumet saying Calumet web site back up at new URL

www.calphoto.co.uk

Len Maynard is off-line
22 May 2014 06:33
Skid2
Photographer
Skid2
Cheshire
Stockport

It appears that the US have hijacked the domain name, despite the .co.uk extension, as part of the US assets and will require a court case to get it back.
"I never cared for fashion much, amusing little seams and witty little pleats: it was the girls I liked." - David Bailey

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
22 May 2014 06:48
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Calumet were exhibiting as normal at a trade conference I went to Tuesday. I don't think the boots on the ground are any wiser than us when it comes to what is happening about the website though. The new website mentioned above does seem to be up but i would still use a credit card to give some protection until things are clearer.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
22 May 2014 09:40
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

The US side of things gets some very bad staff reports on the Glassdoor site, mainly about management, and the complaints are quite detailed not 'they wuz rubbish employers' with some constructive ideas about moving forward.
It was broken when I got here

Jon E is off-line
30 May 2014 13:51
Bayrunner
Photographer
Bayrunner
Devon
Seaton, E Devon.

The Calumet US operation has been bought out of administration, and with it, apparently, the rights to the previous calumetphoto domains - including apparently .co.uk and .de so the URL had to be changed

No idea why it all happened so quickly though... Knowing Calumet UK of old they probably thought it would never happen, until some litigious twerp over the pond starting slamming the usual US style threats at them

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Czechbeauty emmaloux Franchella MissCaraJane pinklilly QueenDeeVa01 RoxyMendez Sammy_Louise Sarahlou73
ad360photo antoinewynn chandos david1500 john_at_tina_spice Jpdo JRFox lemonvalleystudio Peter_d_photography peterh PhilWinterbourne rscott360 ScottMCCCXIV shinywear Shootonlocation Steveh32 tigerman