UK stores will continue as normal.

OldMaster is off-line
13 March 2014 15:20
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

For now? Another victim of internet shopping or just not competitive pricing?

My only experience is the Drummond Street branch where the staff are helpful, stock levels good and a wide range of professional lighting and studio equipment. Also one of the few hire centres offering a full range of top pro kit.

Lets hope they can prevail?

HowardJ is off-line
13 March 2014 16:46
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

I guess they're a victim of internet shopping. They started in the US and moved over here. I wonder if they're planning to sell the UK branches as a going concern and put the money into the US branches.

Ken F is off-line
13 March 2014 16:55
kenf
Photographer
kenf
West Midlands
Stourbridge

The Birmingham branch is always helpful and seems to be busy with orders to be delivered...
Moved and ready for shoots.

Len Maynard is off-line
14 March 2014 12:28
Skid2
Photographer
Skid2
Cheshire
Stockport

I use Manchester and occasionally Drummond street they are both excellent. Luckily the UK arm is run totally separate which is good news.
"I never cared for fashion much, amusing little seams and witty little pleats: it was the girls I liked." - David Bailey

Razoir is off-line
14 March 2014 15:39
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

Also a Calumet fan. Their predecessors were complete idiots but Calumet are great.
Lets hear it for the Bristol branch. Easy free parking and often a coffee and even a danish!
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

Toxic is off-line
15 March 2014 01:45
Toxicimaging
Photographer

Nottinghamshire

They shut my local Nottingham store a while ago and they were always good, was handy to go look at new stuff and they did have some deals now and then.

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
15 March 2014 03:16
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Toxicimaging
They shut my local Nottingham store a while ago and they were always good, was handy to go look at new stuff and they did have some deals now and then.

That alas is the snag. People go and look at the stuff, pump the staff for information and advice....Then go and buy from the cheapest grey importer they can find. Often followed by a long online rant when the product goes wrong  and the reputable suppliers they spurned don't want to know about sorting it for them.

Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

KevinJS is off-lineGold Member
15 March 2014 03:29
KevinJS
Photographer

London
London

Service and pricing at Drummond Street excellent, second hand dept also very good. It is a bit like the Mediu, Format/Second Hand Department at Jessops New World Centre on Oxford Street in the old days

Calumet staff all helpful, knowledgeable will be a shame if the close
I want to die in my sleep, like my grandather. Not screaming like his passengers

Toxic is off-line
15 March 2014 05:56
Toxicimaging
Photographer

Nottinghamshire

Quote from redbaron
That alas is the snag. People go and look at the stuff, pump the staff for information and advice....Then go and buy from the cheapest grey importer they can find. Often followed by a long online rant when the product goes wrong  and the reputable suppliers they spurned don't want to know about sorting it for them.

Yes I agree, however I bought all my studio gear from them, Bowens, autopoles, superclamps, paper backgrounds etc, it was handy as it was only 10 mins from the studio but now my nearest one is Birmingham which is just too far to travel..

So like the majority I now shop online.

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin Hann kacie Michelledefeo1 pinklilly RoxyMendez
ad360photo bbphotos belmez2000 bradder Brian2008 david1500 DJ200 donaldmac dorrian dougharding Essexjohn geoffmarchant GGDP_Photography HarishPadalia jayfish JohnDentonPhoto Ladiesman markeos50d nickdandalos orca_photography rcbb stevegosh templeimaging TheChrisS Thunder_Photos
Jonesy2107
matt