New style

Alex is off-line
12 March 2014 13:35
Warrior
Model

Middlesex
feltham

Good evening all.

First of all I would like to thank all those who read this as I know how valuable your time is. I am looking for honest opinions as regards to the few pictures I have within my portfolio as I would like to know what people think, how can I improve, and what sort of shoots should I consider myself for.

Once again thank you for your time and remember, honesty is the best policy so ripe me apart if needs be

12 March 2014 16:21
PaulManuell
Photographer

Umm, you might want to consider filling out your profile again, specifically your levels. I shouldn't imagine many male models model lingerie.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
12 March 2014 16:28
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from PaulManuell
Umm, you might want to consider filling out your profile again, specifically your levels. I shouldn't imagine many male models model lingerie.

If you engage your brain you'll appreciate that 'lingerie' in the context of this site will be referring to underwear as a whole as the site has no substitute for men who join as models.  Often men may be cast to shoot the 'Calvin Klein' look, so perfectly reasonable to have this option selected.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

David Heels is off-line
12 March 2014 16:58
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

I see no reason why male models can't model in skimpy frilly lingerie too, if they want to. There's probably a market for that kind of thing.

Alex, the third shot (in the dark shirt) is good. Although we obviously we can't see your face. I'm afraid I'm not keen on the other two. The colour one is horribly overly-processed, and the hat shot looks awkward and forced.

You need at least one good head shot, and a body shot, but these will come in time. Just keep shooting.

And your photographer has a really nasty spec of dust in his camera.

Good luck
Dave

12 March 2014 17:07
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from RedChecker
If you engage your brain you'll appreciate that 'lingerie' in the context of this site will be referring to underwear as a whole as the site has no substitute for men who join as models.  Often men may be cast to shoot the 'Calvin Klein' look, so perfectly reasonable to have this option selected.

I did engage my brain, that's why I gave my constructive advice. The fact Warrior also states swimwear in his levels would obviously cover the underwear category for a male model. So YOU engage YOUR brain before coming on here and having a dig.

Gerry is off-line
12 March 2014 18:48
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

LoL, comparing swimwear to underwear is like comparing a bomber jacket to a blazer.

They both cover the same parts of the anatomy but look completely different and perform a different function.

For modelling, they are also different genres - you would look daft posing in swimwear in a bedroom or in underwear on a beach
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Neil Anderson is off-line
12 March 2014 20:05
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

In the Home Counties people usually have separate swimwear - perhaps they just wear their underclothes in Cornwall.
Maybe this little spat is down to cultural differences.

On a more constructive note, I think you need to have less hands, arms and elbows on show - they look awkward.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

13 March 2014 04:05
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from stolenfaces
In the Home Counties people usually have separate swimwear - perhaps they just wear their underclothes in Cornwall.
Maybe this little spat is down to cultural differences.

No, we have separate underwear and swimwear down here too. What I was trying to sax was that if a model has swimwear on his working levels, it's a given he'd be happy working in just underwear. But I'd expect nothing less than a sarky, snide comment from you, you're one of a clique of trolls on this site who just can't help yourselves.

Chrissie Red is off-line
13 March 2014 04:15
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Bloody hell..

I would be surprised if the OP actually bothered to come back here.

Lingerie to me anyway is for either sex - apparently that is also wiki so it must be right.

He asked for opinions/advice on his modelling.

To the OP -

My advice would depend entirely on what you wanted to get out of modelling -

Are you wanting to make a hobby out of it or a career?

If its a career then I'm not sure purestorm is really the right place to "earn" as a male model. If you are looking for develop then my suggestions is to look around at other internet based male models, find some that have similar statistics/looks to yourself and see who they work with. When i started out I tried every style I possibly could and I don't think I would have predicted hat 6/7 years later i would be an artnude model. Just get out there and see what you enjoy, your 'style" really does find you.

Good luck

Chrissie Red is off-line
13 March 2014 04:16
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from PaulManuell
Here YOU go - Oxford English Dictionary: lingerie, noun, women's underwear and nightclothes.

I don't mean to be a bitch but honestly who the f$%k cares? 

People know what "lingerie" levels would be for a male model (apart from you). Give it up!

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
DareMeDD ElleLaura kategrimsby LunaDaze RoxyMendez VictoriaClaire
antoinewynn diphoto dorrian hardik79 hjphoto iDubai2018 jimbob Kjoservices malross74 MIB normant orca_photography read redbaron rod_m99 siclews skymouse stevebenson Thunder_Photos zzdigital