Utterly Appalled

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Aegean is off-line
10 March 2014 10:44
AegeanSoft
Photographer
AegeanSoft
London

When a market changes, either through natural progression or through a financial recession, prices and fees tend to be lowered. If the money is not there then then high fees will not be able to be paid.

I run several video and photo websites, I also maintain several more for various clients. All of my clients, and myself, have had their gross incomes fall to 50%, or less, of what they were 4 years ago. Adult sites are 'spare money' businesses and have been in recession months before anyone else was. This means we have had to make some severe economies. We used to hire big studios and country houses for doing shoots in, now we film from home, friends houses or do more shoots in a day when we hire a studio.

Not wanting to be exploiters of women, my clients and I, made the decision not to lower the 'standard' fees paid to our models during this time, but neither do we now have the luxury of employing the higher-charging models as we used to do for 'luxury' shoots. These are the facts of life in this recession, if you want work then you have to make your fees commensurate with what the photographer can afford.

If that means you are willing to do nude or even higher levels for £15 an hour then that is a choice a model makes for themselves. If you can ask, and get regular bookings, for a higher fee then good luck to you, but please do not disparage those models that would rather take a day's work at £15 per hour rather than nothing at all. Not all models have the luxury of not having to rely on their modelling income for their daily bread.

www.aegeansoft.com Adult and fetish web site designers photographers and video producers

Shannon Emily is off-line
10 March 2014 19:11
shannonemilylove
Model
shannonemilylove
London
Southwark/London

no everyone is in it for the money, some do it out of enjoyment,love or confidence w/e

ukphotosbycolin is off-line
11 March 2014 05:28
UKcolin
Photographer
UKcolin
Greater Manchester
Manchester

Quote from shannonemilylove
no everyone is in it for the money, some do it out of enjoyment,love or confidence w/e

I agree some people are out to sell image s but a lot on here will use them for other uses ie CC comp work I just wish I had some time to get back to taking Portraits again, note the level! I do hope to share with some models images and I see no wrong in paying an amount as they have costs to get to any venue. Supplying some images I think helps a rapport between myself and the model shot for a future shoot.

Be Nice people, it makes the world a happier place! Colin
Have a good Day, UKcolin

Skinz Entertainment is off-lineGold Member
19 March 2014 20:18
skinz
Photographer
skinz
Sweden

Ah yes, the common misconception that cheaper production rates automatically equals lower quality product. That is hardly the case anymore, with some producers being willing to take a pay cut in order to prove how good they are; perhaps better than the big shot expensive one. Different people have different circumstances (whether it be living arrangements, obligations, etc etc).

There are 1 or 2 models who want £100 per hour for frontal nude, and they end performing like zombies. Conversely, there are the models who will charge £40 per hour for the same 'level' and they end up pulling off an amazing job. The price of the contractor doesn't necessarily dictate the quality of their work. £15 ph is quite low, but I wouldn't dismiss a model's quality out of hand based on that alone.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
20 March 2014 02:43
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from skinz
Ah yes, the common misconception that cheaper production rates automatically equals lower quality product. That is hardly the case anymore, with some producers being willing to take a pay cut in order to prove how good they are; perhaps better than the big shot expensive one. Different people have different circumstances (whether it be living arrangements, obligations, etc etc).

There are 1 or 2 models who want £100 per hour for frontal nude, and they end performing like zombies. Conversely, there are the models who will charge £40 per hour for the same 'level' and they end up pulling off an amazing job. The price of the contractor doesn't necessarily dictate the quality of their work. £15 ph is quite low, but I wouldn't dismiss a model's quality out of hand based on that alone.

+1
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

RKD Photographic is off-line
25 March 2014 11:11
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

The short answer to this is that if you don't think the offer is enough, don't take the job.
"When I hold a camera, I know no fear..." - Alfred Eisenstadt

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AdelineE Alicestar AriaRosee ElleLaura Hayleyrooney jodieellen Pebbles40 Stephieb27
antoinewynn Auctioneer ChrisNewton claypaws david1500 dorrian frankpht Funder005 Jamesrichards Jaywirksworth JohnDentonPhoto khan1984 mlp parafotos philippahh redmedia Rhadamanthus
Discretion