Reminder Secure

Anyone bought from this company?

Anthonygh is off-line
03 March 2014 13:13
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

http://www.eglobaldigitalstore.co.uk/

As the title says......their prices and guarantees etc look pretty good........

Les Higgins is off-lineSilver Member
03 March 2014 13:22
lester2705
Photographer
lester2705
Tyne and Wear

Might be worth having a look at this Anthony, just to err on the side of safety and all :

http://www.reviewcentre.com/Online-Camera-Shops/eGlobaL-Digital-Store-www-eglobaldigitalstore-co-uk-reviews_1825903

OldMaster is off-line
03 March 2014 13:28
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

I have good experience of Valuebasket...

Les Higgins is off-lineSilver Member
03 March 2014 13:40
lester2705
Photographer
lester2705
Tyne and Wear

Just wondering if valuebasket and e global digital are one and the same ? Only wondering as my dad just had an horrendous time with them (Valuebasket). Bought a lens at 400 quid which they said was in stock and he hasd to chase them for 3 weeks as they kept sending email saying your item is now in stock and will be dispatched shortly. Overall took 5 WEEKS to get to him from purchase to his door.

Mr D is off-line
03 March 2014 13:42
Darkstudent
Photographer
Darkstudent
Lancashire
Manchester

just go for digitalrev like everyone else and you wont be disappointed.

Profile Pictures is off-line
03 March 2014 14:41
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

+1 for digital rev. Warranty conditions good there too.

Aegean is off-line
04 March 2014 06:29
AegeanSoft
Photographer
AegeanSoft
London

I understand that the UK Customs have now delegated the UK Border Agency to collect duty on all imports into the UK, outside of the EU, for them. The individual tax-free allowance has dropped to £15 (from £30) inclusive of postage and that duty and VAT will be payable above that amount. I was told by a Post Office employee that the Border Agency gets a commission on all the fees they can collect and therefore they are now far less lenient on what they will allow in for free.

I understand that duty and VAT they charge is based on bringing the cost of the item up to the price of the item selling in the UK and not the price that you paid for it abroad. It appears that for second-hand equipment they look at past UK sale prices, e.g. eBay, and charge accordingly, rather than accept the price the seller says he sold it for.

I do not buy expensive items from abroad and because Nikon etc. will not service grey imported items, I buy from accredited UK dealers.

RIPOFF Britain strikes again.
www.aegeansoft.com Adult and fetish web site designers photographers and video producers

Neil Anderson is off-line
04 March 2014 06:37
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from AegeanSoft
I understand that the UK Customs have now delegated the UK Border Agency to collect duty on all imports into the UK, outside of the EU, for them. The individual tax-free allowance has dropped to £15 (from £30) inclusive of postage and that duty and VAT will be payable above that amount. I was told by a Post Office employee that the Border Agency gets a commission on all the fees they can collect and therefore they are now far less lenient on what they will allow in for free.

I understand that duty and VAT they charge is based on bringing the cost of the item up to the price of the item selling in the UK and not the price that you paid for it abroad. It appears that for second-hand equipment they look at past UK sale prices, e.g. eBay, and charge accordingly, rather than accept the price the seller says he sold it for.

I do not buy expensive items from abroad and because Nikon etc. will not service grey imported items, I buy from accredited UK dealers.

RIPOFF Britain strikes again.

Paying taxes due is part of being a law-abiding citizen. If you would prefer to live in a country where it is normal to ignore your tax obligations I hear that Greece has such a reputation.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Anthonygh is off-line
04 March 2014 07:17
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Thanks for the replies...it is starting to look like a company to avoid although in general some overseas suppliers seem good value....they don't seem to want to rip us off the same way as most UK based companies want to....that is taking taxes etc into account as well.

Anyone following USA sites will be shocked at the prices companies like Epson and Canon sell some of their stuff for....prices we can only dream of!

Neil Anderson is off-line
04 March 2014 08:56
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from anthonyh
Thanks for the replies...it is starting to look like a company to avoid although in general some overseas suppliers seem good value....they don't seem to want to rip us off the same way as most UK based companies want to....that is taking taxes etc into account as well.

Anyone following USA sites will be shocked at the prices companies like Epson and Canon sell some of their stuff for....prices we can only dream of!

Most US sites don't include sales taxes as they vary from state to state, meanwhile we have to pay 20% VAT. For a manufacturer a lot of overheads are per territory/currency so these are pretty small per unit in USA, but not in little UK.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

36 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexa_Fierce92 chosin DareMeDD ElleLaura
ad360photo bbphotos Brian2008 carshaltonkev Chris_Mansfield ChrisD Development digitalmood dirkus donaldmac hylander iDubai2018 Kimily Kjoservices Look_Sharp maozhu Mike103 mlp modelimaging monochromeset nigel peteb poah Rhadamanthus rod_m99 Shootonlocation siclews stephenmuddell stevegosh steveh32 thelook zzdigital