Reminder Secure

Never had this from a model before... what do you think?

This thread is currently locked
Pict is off-line
25 February 2014 17:00
Pict
Photographer
Pict
Kent
Rochester

Quote from profilepictures
I think it smells like several other of these posts, they turn up fairly frequently. In most cases it's a smokescreen offered by a plaintiff who's chosen to be seen in that role despite the likelihood they aren't really the injured party.

Frequently wanting to look at the back if the camera in an experienced model suggest to me she was unhappy or unsure if what you're shooting, probably suspicious you were trying to shoot above her levels. There's not a good reason not to show your pics as you take them, which would allay such concerns.
Throw in the ten days membership with no other references but a bad one and this given by a highly experienced model with 93 positive references who is t likely in my estimate to be highly strung or diva-esque. Add that you've effectively named and shamed and could easily recognise you'd be doing this.

Yup, smells like a cover up job to me. Frankly, if anybody wants to get all anti about that opinion, it's based on features the OP presented and he'd asked what everyone thinks. Don't be surprised if some people expect the likelihood is that the OP has acted like a dick rather than the model.

Most of that equally sounds like ill informed guesswork

Andy_B is off-lineSilver Member
25 February 2014 17:33
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
London
London

OP said the conversation went: "The look I'm going for is sexy Vogue style fashion art nude, which you look perfect for. First hour "Classic" second hour edgy (something edgy makeup wise, feel free to do something of your own design) Lets make an impact!! :-)"

Now maybe I'm making excuses for someone who behaved badly... But to me this sounds like an invitation to collaborate - from the 'feel free to do something of your own design' to the 'let's make an impact!'

Could this have been a misunderstanding?

25 February 2014 19:11
PaulManuell
Photographer

I wish the model would hurry up and give her side of the story, I've got my ready and everything.

HowardJ is off-line
26 February 2014 02:30
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

This type of post never ends well for either party.

OldMaster is off-line
26 February 2014 03:38
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

Yes I do see £65 for 2 hours including her incredible home as "part paid"! You could easily pay £40 for a studio alone which would have nothing like the diversity of sets? The majority of models charge around £10 per hour for facilities (their home)like this so that makes her £22.50 per hour for art nude....well, you do the maths or at least check out what most half decent models on here charge.

And as ever many of the togs seem to be rising up against this model based on only one side of the story...no change there then. And as for providing the model with pictures the attitude that I paid so I don't owe her anything stinks. Its narrow, arrogant and pathetic. You are not a paid professional commissioned by vogue or likely to sell the images to magazines or clients, so just give the girl some pictures! Hey, and guess what, next time instead of it being an "us and them" situation the lady actually looks forward to working with you and you both have a better experience.

Gerry is off-line
26 February 2014 03:50
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

The OP has gone. We will never know the reason so it is pointless to speculate just as much as we will never know what actually happened on the shoot and who was to blame.

For me, it is quite simple, agree what you need to agree before confirming the shoot and don't try and change the terms of what the other person feels is the arrangement.

If someone does something on the shoot that makes you feel uncomfortable, stop the shoot and resolve it or abandon the shoot. Don't leave positive references if you have not had a positive experience. Show some consideration and respect for the other person. If you cannot do that, you are not worth working with no matter how good you look or are behind the camera
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Gerry is off-line
26 February 2014 04:02
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Quote from OldMaster
And as for providing the model with pictures the attitude that I paid so I don't owe her anything stinks. Its narrow, arrogant and pathetic. You are not a paid professional commissioned by vogue or likely to sell the images to magazines or clients, so just give the girl some pictures! Hey, and guess what, next time instead of it being an "us and them" situation the lady actually looks forward to working with you and you both have a better experience.

While you are still parading up and down on your charger in your white knight outfit, you may have missed that the issue seems to have been pouncing on the photographer ALL the images, unedited.

Pouncing what was in effect a demand is at best rude, and not acceptable. If someone has an expectation of all the images unedited, no matter what the terms of the shoot are, they better get that agreed before hand as not only is it unusual [except from the just started brigade] it is often unnacceptable. I don't think I would ever be interested in working with someone who wanted all the unedited images unless they paid me a lot of money. I delete all the images I don't think hit the mark and all the others are edited so I only keep a very small proportion of those shot and I don't want any others flying around. If they are not good enough for me, they are not good enough for anyone else. If you want something else, pay me enough to make me interested but don't try it on on the shoot as I wont have it.

I have a fantastic working relationship with all the models I have shot with and have worked with over 50% more than once with several running up to 9 shoots. I am perfectly capable of being generous and fair without being railroaded by Gerry99111 is a naughty person takers and don't need any advice on what I should do about my images. After all, I would struggle to get shoots if I was doing it wrong and paying more for them as well which some seem to be happy to do
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

raw and the cooked is off-line
26 February 2014 04:35
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

I have to say that I have some sympathy with the sadly departed op, and totally disagree with profile pictures speculations. For my money, Iain T's post is much more close to the mark on this one. If anyone wants my (informed) opinion, send me a pm!

Purestorm is off-line
26 February 2014 07:48
Purestorm
Photographer

East Sussex

Locked as the Topic Starter has left Purestorm.
Regretably they sought advice from the community rather than Reporting the issue and
thereby giving Administrators the chance to investigate a possibly legitimate grievance.

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura Jessica_Knight RoxyMendez
antoinewynn chopper_images colinpierce csk_photography djb1 dorrian Essexjohn eyecandiphotography GGDP_Photography ignite JohnDentonPhoto keltica lify MIB nickdandalos panda49 paulq photosareu poah psn stevegosh TinDolls Tricky7 VB_Photo Vinceb