Reminder Secure

Never had this from a model before... what do you think?

This thread is currently locked
25 February 2014 10:13
FaeArt
Photographer

I'm amazed at what has just happened in ten years this is the first time this has happened but I'm sure I'm not alone.

I arranged a two hour shoot with a model at her house. Art nude vogue style then alternative fashion shoot after (didn't get that far). Price was agreed at £65.

The shoot was going ok, a little late but that's ok, when I was asked if I could send the model the shots afterwards. I said that I'm happy to send her the ones I am happy with and that have been edited. HOWEVER she said that she wanted all the images, even the unedited ones. I said I don't really do that I'm afraid. She insisted that EVERY other photographer though this ok and had done so.. Really?

She went to change into the next outfit and and sort her hair out, upon returning she asked again about me sending all of the images. I said that I'm afraid not.

She then kept arguing that she needs to help her posing and modeling, but would not share them with anyone. The shoot ground to a halt as she stopped modeling to argue to point. I said that we had agreed the price and the shoot before hand and that I had never been asked this before.

She said that because I had only paid £65 she should have the images..

At this point I said that I'm sorry but I really cant work with you any more since I find this really unprofessional.

I left wishing her all the best but I found this unexceptable. She got paid for the hour I was not shooting and has left a negative review.

fleeting glimpses is off-lineSilver Member
25 February 2014 10:32
camerawerks
Photographer
camerawerks
Essex

Unless you've agreed something different, if you pay a model there should be no REQUIREMENT to provide images - that would be tfp (time for pictures). Obviously, you're free to give the model pictures as well if you want but that would be entirely optional.

However, since you mentioned you've been left a negative reference I couldn't help looking. I don't understand why the model in question said she needs all the shots "to help her posing and modelling" - her profile says she's an "advanced", "professional" model and I know for a fact she's been modelling successfully for quite some time.

What was the original arrangement?
Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported.

25 February 2014 10:38
FaeArt
Photographer

Well it really surprised me too.

This is what I asked for

"The look I'm going for is sexy Vogue style fashion art nude, which you look perfect for. First hour "Classic" second hour edgy (something edgy makeup wise, feel free to do something of your own design) Lets make an impact!! :-)"

The response was
"yes of course 65 total
25th sounds great for me
lets book it "

She may have just had a bad day or was feeling very self conscious today (she kept wanting to look at the back of the camera and complaining about her hair.

fleeting glimpses is off-lineSilver Member
25 February 2014 10:54
camerawerks
Photographer
camerawerks
Essex

Yeah, maybe just a bad day! Contact the mods if you don't think the feedback is appropriate.
Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported.

Matthew G is off-line
25 February 2014 11:02
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

Please don't take this as 'you're lying' because I'm not saying that at all but the model has 93 + recommendations and you have one negative out of one review..... Is there a link missing out of the chain somewhere here? is there a genuine misunderstanding of what she asked for and what you thought she asked for?

Steve M is off-line
25 February 2014 11:55
TheShinyOne
Photographer
TheShinyOne
London

One shoot in your 10 days membership on this site and its bad feedback ?
I live for the nights that I can't remember / with the people that I can't forget

Pict is off-line
25 February 2014 11:59
Pict
Photographer
Pict
Kent
Rochester

Don't jump to conclusions! I'd contact the moderators if I were you.

25 February 2014 12:35
FaeArt
Photographer

I can't name the 3 photographers who have sent me emails, but it has happened before.

David Heels is off-line
25 February 2014 13:56
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

I'm not speaking about Anna here, as I've never met her. But I once had a similar situation, with another model.

In my case, the model in question had her own pay-per-view website, and was working cheap or TFP (can't remember which) with as many photographers as possible, in order to collect vast quantities of images to post on her site. (to keep her paying members happy).

Shabby behavior. If she had asked nicely, I'm sure we could have come to some arrangement.

I think if a model genuinely wanted to see all the images, so she could learn from her mistakes, especially a newbie, then I'd find that commendable. In such a circumstances, I might offer her very low res. watermarked copies and a one page contract stating that she couldn't publish them online, resell, or pass on to any third party.

Dave

OldMaster is off-line
25 February 2014 14:01
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

93+ recommendations or not, a model as stunning as this for £65? I am usually wary of those offering amazing deals for "this month only"..most months!

I wanted to work with her but communication was so hit and miss I finally gave up. She even makes a remark about her somewhat "all over the place" nature on her port!

This is a shame because clearly 93+ togs got it together and in my opinion she has a talent to match her stunning looks but I suspect one needs to be very, very clear in the booking arrangements!!

I agree with "myshoot", contact the mods and try and smooth it over. Probably a misunderstanding (language problem may be?). I suspect this lady can be perfectly reasonable, it probably just got all out of shape. An apology, even if you don't think you are in the wrong, and an offer to let her see the pictures might be a solution, what have you got to lose? You might even get the Blue Face lifted?

She could have been a fabulous model for £65 and frankly this could almost be considered a "part paid" assignment. At least she showed concern and interest by wanting to see the images on the camera. I don't always but with a "concerned" model or a newbie I will often show them the pictures on the camera..a good talking point and a show of trust and openness?

18 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Brightonblonde miles
bbphotos bradder cygnet david1500 dorrian eosfan Fatsammy mareeoosh nik300 plaatjesmaker ranesh redbaron rscott360 seductiveangels tms Willjamieson