Reminder Secure

Are photography workshops for the rich ?

raw and the cooked is off-line
26 February 2014 08:16
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

Mine are excellent value for money, more so than a fong dome,orbis ring flash or the overpriced lighting accessory of your choice…..

Profile Pictures is off-line
26 February 2014 08:33
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

It depends on the reasoning for the workshop, if profits are paramount then yes they may be expensive, equally if conducted by a very good tog with a very good teaching style, then probably a good investment.

G Jack B is off-line
26 February 2014 09:59
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

Quote from Paul_Jones
If you can spare £18 I recommend the 'From Concept to Print' workshops run by Damien Lovegrove.
http://www.prophotonut.com/2014/01/09/the-from-concept-to-print-uk-tour-is-now-live-for-booking/

I attended the one in November and it was fantastic.  Three hours of stunning photography and practical tips and lighting advice.
See - http://www.pauljones.org/?p=754
And - http://www.prophotonut.com/2013/11/07/concept-to-print-pictures-and-technique/

Best regards
Paul

Thanks for that - booking mine this evening...
Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

Paul Jones is off-line
26 February 2014 10:17
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Quote from Plymjack
Thanks for that - booking mine this evening...

You'll enjoy it!  cheeky

His DVDs / Videos are really good too.  They were on sale at the workshop at a discounted price - http://www.lovegroveconsulting.com/training_video_downloads.aspx

Best regards
Paul
www.PaulJones.org (Glamour / Portraits / NSFW)

Eebijeebi is off-line
26 February 2014 12:51
eebijeebi
Photographer
eebijeebi
Essex
Brentwood

Why on earth would anyone drop their prices if they'll selling enough spaces? Madness.

Andy_B is off-lineSilver Member
27 February 2014 03:36
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
London
London

Quote from eebijeebi
Why on earth would anyone drop their prices if they'll selling enough spaces? Madness.

I think the OP believe in the concept of "from each according to his ability".

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
27 February 2014 03:44
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from eebijeebi

+1

Most people nowadays believe that everyone owes them a favour and that those wanting to make money should be more like a charity for them rather than a bona fide business.  Sadly the reciprocal doesn't apply, they'll want the cheapest of everything and are unprepared to pay for an honest product/service, regardless of the morality of under-cutting or whatever else may be going on (be it piracy, violation of patents or whatever).
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Neil Anderson is off-line
27 February 2014 05:29
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Maybe the op should start by asking whether cameras are only for the rich.
The cost of most courses is aimed at people who can afford to buy a slr and lenses.
If you can't afford the camera there's not much point in doing the course.
And if you are doing a course on shooting models there's not much point if you won't be able to pay models and book studios or buy lights.

Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Cfoxon cheekychap ElleLaura kacie RoxyMendez Sammi_1985 Teela
bbphotos bob22 brianappleyard cliffc dhuntuk grahamsphotography James7799 mike0048 panda49 philippahh Spiritofwales Thunder_Photos TinDolls tucker217