Gareth Davies is off-line
23 February 2014 08:49
Snipet
Photographer
Snipet
Hampshire
Portsmouth

Quote from Bill_M
There is no copyright on ideas. Also, you can be almost sure that the photographer whose work you saw got the idea from someone else. As long as you don't try to make your work an exact copy of his there is no problem.

Is that entirely correct though, there was a big case of copyright infringement on a photo of a selective coloured red London bus.
And although the 2nd photo also had the red bus selective coloured, the angle, foreground and to an extent the back ground were different.
Yet the taker of the original photo won the case.

Neil Anderson is off-line
23 February 2014 08:56
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

It wasn't about copyright infringement - the case was about a souvenir company selling a tin of bisuits with distinctive picture on lid. The second company were found to be using a picture on their tin which was similar enough that buyers would be confused. It was therefore a case of passing off (of the biscuits) and more akin to a case where Mcdonalds serve a cease and desist notice on a burger joint using a big yellow M in a different font to the one Macdonalds use.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

KevinJS is off-lineGold Member
23 February 2014 09:09
KevinJS
Photographer

London
London

Hi Sam
Pablo Picasso “Copy everyone except yourself” I good enough for him then good enough for the rest of us
I want to die in my sleep, like my grandather. Not screaming like his passengers

Gareth Davies is off-line
23 February 2014 09:48
Snipet
Photographer
Snipet
Hampshire
Portsmouth

Quote from stolenfaces
It wasn't about copyright infringement - the case was about a souvenir company selling a tin of bisuits with distinctive picture on lid. The second company were found to be using a picture on their tin which was similar enough that buyers would be confused. It was therefore a case of passing off (of the biscuits) and more akin to a case where Mcdonalds serve a cease and desist notice on a burger joint using a big yellow M in a different font to the one Macdonalds use.

Ahhhh I stand corrected, wasnt 100% on the details. Just remembered hearing about it.

13 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin Donna654321 ElleLaura Kaitlynlakenxxx paige_hendrix
bbphotos davidhunt diphoto Fluffypup George99 RenedeHaan VB_Photo viewphotographic