Reminder Secure

Wireless studio Flash Prototo B1 or the iluxSummit 600 cordless

Andrew Chittock is off-line
08 February 2014 05:51
andychittock
Photographer

Dyfed
aberaeron

looking at getting a set of wireless flash heads for weddings and fashion any one got hans on of these two and feed back welcome thanks.

raw and the cooked is off-line
09 February 2014 07:20
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

I offer this, as a guy with a not inconsiderable investment in eli ranger quadra. The profoto is an interesting idea with the t.t.l function, but it's not gonna be cheap! I have no experience of the ilux summit, but recently had a demo of a similar product from mr cad called the n flash system. What is interesting is the high speed synch, strobe mode, and light painting possibility. This product seems to have a lot of the power and flexibility of a studio system, with the features of a flashgun. If I could justify the cost, I would love to have a crack with this system!

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
09 February 2014 08:53
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Unless you're really keen on buying into the Profoto system for the future I too would look at the Elinchrom Quadra. As a Profoto owner myself (not the B1) I can testify that the build and toughness of them is indeed better than most brands (including Elinchrom and Bowens) and their performance is superb but that is indeed reflected in the price.

I'd also take the TTL functionality with a pinch of salt, especially if you're a Canon user as they're notorious for introducing new TTL protocols into their camera bodies thus rendering third party TTL gear incompatible. It may work now but the next camera body you buy may not, an example of this is the 6D and 1DX bodies from Canon that cannot work with Pocket Wizard's TTL triggers (yet)
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura Jessica_Knight RoxyMendez
antoinewynn chopper_images colinpierce csk_photography djb1 dorrian Essexjohn eyecandiphotography GGDP_Photography ignite JohnDentonPhoto keltica lify MIB nickdandalos panda49 paulq photosareu poah psn stevegosh TinDolls Tricky7 VB_Photo Vinceb