Reminder Secure

taking nudes and glamour photos of my website or not?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
ICONIC :P is off-line
03 February 2014 21:17
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

although i have been doing wedding and portrait sitting for a few years (especially while at university) i feel like alot of people turn away from booking me because of the model shoots i have on my website ( especially the nude and glamour type shots - my question to you lovely purestormers should i take them down and host them elsewhere and just use my website for my business images such as wedding and partys and family pics etc
pissing purestorm off since 2009

04 February 2014 04:18
Socialdisaster
Photographer

I personally wouldn't have anything except your main focus on your business website. Not only does it dilute the message, it could show a lack of commitment to one area.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

CSD Images is off-line
04 February 2014 04:40
CSD_Images
Photographer
CSD_Images
Grampian
Aberdeen

Just keep nudity/glamour separate and under a nom-de-plume. Saves a lot grief, oh if you put them up put them up behind a 18+ lockdown as that will stop many bots harvesting them for websites.
www.flickr.com/photos/csd_images | www.celticshadows.co.uk

A T is off-lineSilver Member
04 February 2014 06:34
AndyT
Photographer
AndyT
West Sussex
Worthing

I found with the studio that I keep them separate. I have one website for the families, weddings etc and another for the glamour etc. I also use a different alias for each.
I did this as a lot of mums and couples looking to book did not like anything of an adult nature.

04 February 2014 09:25
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

i have removed them, i want to use my same name just hold them on a different website

Dave Beasley is off-line
04 February 2014 09:48
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

Host them both completely separately.

I originally had a single website on which I had a separate section (with nudity warning and specific acceptance to access) of glamour/nude images, and eventually found that I was losing customers simply because those looking for family shoots/weddings were not happy that I also had images containing nudity, even though of course they didn't have to look at them, and had to make definite decisions in order to view them.

No question - host completely separately

Dave

Oscars Photostudio is off-line
04 February 2014 14:22
oscar
Photographer
oscar
Cheshire
Nr Warrington

As advised keep you wedding/portrait work completely separate from any glamour. If you use the same name a search on google will show up the link.
Have a different bank account for each.

04 February 2014 19:37
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

even lingerie or is lingerie acceptable ?

Neil Anderson is off-line
04 February 2014 20:26
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from Iconic
even lingerie or is lingerie acceptable ?

What do you think ? Is it art?, Is it commercial/catalogue? or is it glamour?
Most people would see it as glamour/lad's mags

Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Paul Jones is off-line
05 February 2014 07:57
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Quote from Iconic
i feel like alot of people turn away from booking me because of the model shoots i have on my website ...

Well, there's your answer.

www.PaulJones.org (Glamour / Portraits / NSFW)

7 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
QueenDeeVa01 Shanti
ad360photo ElegantCaptures nemesis Stevedphoto Terry20