Reminder Secure

Work has dried up :( I would like some help & advice ... (v.2)

This thread is being watched by 2 people
03 February 2014 09:42
barone
Photographer

Work has dried up I would like some help & advice on how to promote my self & make my portfolio more professional?

Hello all Purestormer's!

Basically work has dried up, I have put casting calls up but had very little response recently. I was wondering if people could help with constructive criticism & positive feedback on what I'm doing right & what I could do better on my port to make my port stand out & look more professional.

All advice & comments welcome! (Please don't be too harsh or I will cry) Lol!

Love Barone xxx

Next Model Day...23rd March 2014...http://purpleport.com/portfolio/angie...Interested?...Ask me for details.

Lysander is off-lineSilver Member
03 February 2014 10:27
Lysander
Photographer
Lysander
West Midlands
Wolverhampton

Hiya hun,
I'm sorry to have to say it to you babes but you might have to up your levels and ditch the old instant coffee for some decent percolator coffee. Oh! and offer Belgian chocolate biscuits instead of those tired old Aldi Jaffa cakes.
"I would rather be Schroedinger's Cat than one of Pavlov's Dogs."

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
03 February 2014 11:17
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

You could always post a message to forums on a site that is for networking with other models and photographers.

Oh wait...

03 February 2014 11:38
paule
Photographer

Dear John...

I note from your pro-file that you is still an amachure with no expeareance..

I think if you posted some TFP shoutouts to the plebs you might be able to expand on the 41 positive feedbacks you have so far... and gain sum nollige of wot it takes to be a sucksesfull tog...

Its all well and good having loads of different models photoaz on your profile.... but its no substitute for experience...

One thing that seems to be really holding you back... is lack of kit... I can tell by looking at your profile photos and website.. that you need to invest in some flashes as I can see no hotspots on any of your models foreheads to indicate you are using oncamera direct slash... a common mistake, don;t let it get you down... with just a little practice you too can be getting really harsh shadows and forehead hotspots like the wot I can...

finally, and I have to be honest... your photos all look a little samey... try posting some crap ones now and then, if you can...

cheeky

Les Higgins is off-lineSilver Member
03 February 2014 11:52
lester2705
Photographer
lester2705
Tyne and Wear

You have to let it be known John that the models don't need to bring their own Jaffa cakes!!

03 February 2014 13:12
barone
Photographer

WOW....Thanks for all the great advice....it's greatly appreciated.

Right....

Lysander....Sorry about the Adli Jaffas, but I've got this thing about wearing those blue plastic shoe protectors over my sandals in the studio AND they don't come cheap....As for levels, don't push me!

Paule....I have offered, what you call "TFP"...I've never got a single response...Don't seem to be able to give it away....As for kit, I know that the more kit you've got, the better you are & it is a little embarrassing when models see I only have one secondhand camera & one lens, so I'll be looking to spend shedloads on more kit.

Lester...So they're not meant to bake cakes for me either?

Again...Thanks...This is so helpful.

Next Model Day...23rd March 2014...http://purpleport.com/portfolio/angie...Interested?...Ask me for details.

ICONIC :P is off-line
03 February 2014 21:30
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

not sure whether this is serious or a joke so im going to sit in the corner and figure it out

laugh
pissing purestorm off since 2009

Pete Whelan is off-line
04 February 2014 06:38
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Merseyside
Wirral

Hi Babe

Have you considered upping you levels?

*rubs corduroy thighs*

www.vipimages.co.uk www.vipstudios.co.uk

rmsoansphotography is off-line
04 February 2014 07:15
digimarx
Photographer

London

Quote from paule
Dear John...

I note from your pro-file that you is still an amachure with no expeareance..

I think if you posted some TFP shoutouts to the plebs you might be able to expand on the 41 positive feedbacks you have so far... and gain sum nollige of wot it takes to be a sucksesfull tog...

Its all well and good having loads of different models photoaz on your profile.... but its no substitute for experience...

One thing that seems to be really holding you back... is lack of kit... I can tell by looking at your profile photos and website.. that you need to invest in some flashes as I can see no hotspots on any of your models foreheads to indicate you are using oncamera direct slash... a common mistake, don;t let it get you down... with just a little practice you too can be getting really harsh shadows and forehead hotspots like the wot I can...

finally, and I have to be honest... your photos all look a little samey... try posting some crap ones now and then, if you can...

A what?

04 February 2014 13:35
paule
Photographer

amachure.. ie pertaining to one who is not profeshnull..

no need to duck..

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
kkoch NikkiLouise93 VictoriaClaire
Adycurtis arterotica cliffc dave@studio99 Davidhunt eyecandiphotography focus Hazy james65 James8700 johanburan Jpdo kai_kul kingfisher mike0048 mlp psn redbaron Rob77 skymouse Steveh32