01 February 2014 06:32
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from jivago
Why do U want them?

I think he means functionality - e.g. which options to choose for the dual memory slots.
Anyone who has previously used D300 or D700 probably wouldn't need to read the manual as the D800 is similar enough to previous models.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

photo_phil is off-line
01 February 2014 14:58
photo_phil
Photographer
photo_phil
Lincolnshire
Coningsby

I've read the quality at high iso is brilliant with little noise. True?

Neil Anderson is off-line
01 February 2014 15:14
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Yes
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

John McNairn is off-line
02 February 2014 07:21
Fox2006
Photographer
Fox2006
Tayside
Dundee

yes
Erica Von Stein - jealousy does manky things to people.

Adapt is off-line
02 February 2014 14:45
adapt
Photographer

Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I went through this when buying my D800
Simple answer is YES its a brilliant camera.
I tried it beside the D600 but the poor focus on the D600 in comparison to the D800 made it a no brainer.
Awesome file sizes and with them being so large cropping into images is no problem.
You will need plenty of fast cards,minimum class 10.
regards...

Barry is off-line
03 February 2014 05:11
Northerner
Photographer

Tyne and Wear

I find the D600 focus is fine - it has showed up a couple of lenses to be duds, but with the right lenses it is always spot on.

Neil Anderson is off-line
03 February 2014 10:36
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from adapt
I went through this when buying my D800
Simple answer is YES its a brilliant camera.
I tried it beside the D600 but the poor focus on the D600 in comparison to the D800 made it a no brainer.
Awesome file sizes and with them being so large cropping into images is no problem.
You will need plenty of fast cards,minimum class 10.
regards...

I've never heard anyone complain about D600 focus in fact DP review says:
"In good light, the D600's AF system proved very capable in all of the environments in which we used it. In the hundreds of frames that we've shot with the camera, including images taken at night and in very poor interior lighting, only a handful are anything other than totally sharp. As usual, if you're working in marginal light the central AF point is your best bet, but in normal everyday shooting, the D600's AF system is very capable." although they do mention that the D800 is better in very low light (-2ev).
In my experience you can focus and shoot with the D800 at levels where it is too dark to see what you are shooting [but I do use fast prime lenses].

Razoir is off-line
04 February 2014 11:04
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

Quote from jivago
Why do U want them?

Because I use many of them.
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

18 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Faye QueenDeeVa01 Samanthajane4
bob Camerawerks caretaker2012 ElegantCaptures James7799 LGI Matt1988 philippahh Puremoods Sp_digital Stevew1 studio1910 tms two_stops whitepython