Reminder Secure

wacom graphics tablets - educate me

27 January 2014 10:46
Glossypinklipstick
Photographer

I have an Intuous 4 which was recommended by an outstanding photogrpaher. it has made a massive difference to my workflow and is fully customiseable. I have no space so it sits ontop of my laptop keyboard and I use it from there. It is an outstanding piece of kit and i got it from amazon when they knocked another £100 off it. Google Scott Kelby he is a trainer and photographer and i use his settings which you can download and save and then i tweaked it for myself. You will not go back to a mouse for shopping, although i still find I prefer a mouse to surf etc.
Paul www.glossypinklipstick.co.uk

theperfectgentleman is off-line
27 January 2014 18:19
theperfectgentleman
Photographer
theperfectgentleman
Essex
Chelmsford

Quote from HowardJ
Are yours the old style bamboo or the new bamboo touch pad type? It looks like they've reused the bamboo name for a different product now. see the shop section on Wacom.com to see what I mean.

I dont know all I can say is the one that I use on my desk top is about three years old, and the other is a different style and was bought early last year.

Frank Sinnott is off-line
28 January 2014 02:03
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

Quote from theperfectgentleman
I dont know all I can say is the one that I use on my desk top is about three years old, and the other is a different style and was bought early last year.

If you could go to the Wacom site and have a look at the latest Bamboos.  They do look very different to the former models.  You will put the OPs mind at rest.  As I get the feeling from the latest versions that they are no more than a pad and a  pen for simple navication. 

theperfectgentleman is off-line
28 January 2014 19:07
theperfectgentleman
Photographer
theperfectgentleman
Essex
Chelmsford

Hi
I have just looked on the site and it's a different model than mind.
I also looked at the pc world site and the latest bamboo and another were there both at just under£60.
I would go in and get them to demonstrate them to you, that way you can try them out and know what you are getting.
I would go at about 6 on a weekday evening, it's quiet and staff are normaly standing about so will give you the time that you neeed.
good luck, wish you good light.
Tom

Paul Riddell is off-line
03 February 2014 05:36
riddell
Photographer
riddell
Hertfordshire
berkhamsted

The intous range is for professional photo editing whereas the bamboo was a much more basic tablet, less accurate, less sensitivity.

Paul
www.photographybyriddell.co.uk
www.photographybyriddell.co.uk

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
blurob Charlotte90 DareMeDD ElleLaura kategrimsby RoxyMendez Stephieb27 Winterlilly
azurphotos BOBREEVES chicimages Dave@studio99 Essexjohn nickdandalos redbaron redmedia robhillphoto siclews simon007 skymouse sniffer Studio1 Willjamieson