Reminder Secure

Havn't logged in to this site in a while now i see why it seems it has died a death ?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
Gerry is off-line
02 February 2014 12:29
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Quote from tarmoo
The model is also on Purestorm. Published in Loaded, so there is quality for you.

If she is on here, then maybe it would have been better not to have referred to her, but on her profile, her Loaded publication seems to have come from her first few shots - does that really imply an established published model or someone who sent in some freebie images?

Only modelling on portfolio sites for 4 months? You think this was a safe bet then?
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
02 February 2014 12:34
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

Quote from Gerry99111
you are putting extra detail to the not recommended reference

IMO one should be allowed to give "extra detail" in negative reference.

Gerry is off-line
02 February 2014 12:38
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Quote from PHP_Photography
IMO one should be allowed to give "extra detail" in negative reference.

But the rules don't allow that and the usual result of someone trying to put extra detail in is the reference gets removed and the reference poster gets warned or punished.

Not sure what the point is.

You also expose the site to potential defamation and libel lawsuits and I know what their reaction will be to you if you choose to put them at risk of that happening

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
02 February 2014 12:47
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

Quote from Gerry99111
But the rules don't allow that and the usual result of someone trying to put extra detail in is the reference gets removed and the reference poster gets warned or punished.

You can't write anything when giving a negative reference.

Gerry is off-line
02 February 2014 12:56
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Quote from PHP_Photography
You can't write anything when giving a negative reference.

But that is what I mean by putting further detail on a forum thread that is easily traceable back to the model. It is immediately adding the detail to the reference by association. If what was written in the forum post was pasted in a reference, it could be construed as potentially libelous as there is no proof provided but the other party may feel they have been damaged.

The other mistake people make is to leave a positive reference but write a negative comment, which is technically possible but likely to land you in a heap of trouble.

I think as it is now clear the model is on this site, it would be best not to drag this out any further. It goes to say it should probably never been brought up in the first place in a way that it was easy to trace the person. If other people [assumably friends / photographers of the model] are emailing the poster, someone will have spotted this thread and as I said, it could result in the reference being removed

02 February 2014 19:49
PaulManuell
Photographer

Maybe I'm thick (ok, no maybe about it), but how have people worked out who the model in question is?

Gerry is off-line
02 February 2014 19:55
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

On the "other" site, look at the portfolio of the photographer, look at their activity - it says ...... added a reference for .......... Jump to models profile and hey presto.

Rebecca Jane Rivers is off-line
03 February 2014 12:11
Phantom_elfsire
Model
Phantom_elfsire
Bedfordshire
Biggleswade

Purestorm has died in the past half a year :\, Since joining this site a good 4 or 5 years ago, its slowly gotten very quiet. I use to get all of my bookings from here, I got a Purpleport account to try it, I found it didn't suit me at all and I got bombarded with requests for TF even though I don't do TF. So I left it. But on here its just quiet, has everyone jumped ship?

9 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
CintraXX QueenDeeVa01 Shanti
ad360photo ElegantCaptures nemesis rscott360 Stevedphoto Terry20