TFCD castings.

Mr D is off-line
19 January 2014 15:07
Darkstudent
Photographer
Darkstudent
Lancashire
Manchester

Is it just me, or is a casting with the terms Hi, I'm looking for a tog that takes incredible photos so I can use them for an agency if anyone can help me out would be great, seem a little me me me sod the photographer kinda thing ?

Steve Guy is off-line
19 January 2014 15:28
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

I am not alone! Yes I too wondered.

4EverYoung is off-line
19 January 2014 17:29
Midnite
Photographer
Midnite
Cambridgeshire
Peterborough

LOL yes

the expression "You get what you pay for" pops into my mind.

Then they say modeling is their full time job so they dont work for TF

unless its for themselves, it does always come across one sided ..

A TF should be a joint venture ie for the purpose of learning not comercial gain.

I have never failed But i have discovered thousands of approches which don't work.

19 January 2014 17:44
JadedRed
Model

Yeh, JadedRed is a naughty person models with their 'I would like to benefit from a shoot' mentality, who do they think they are?

Rob Keynsham is off-line
19 January 2014 17:59
basil
Photographer
basil
Avon
Bristol

Quote from Darkstudent
Is it just me, or is a casting with the terms Hi, I'm looking for a tog that takes incredible photos so I can use them for an agency if anyone can help me out would be great, seem a little me me me sod the photographer kinda thing ?

Not really. I don't meet the criteria but if did I would do the young lady's pictures and then tag on something I wanted to do. It would be a win-win then.

Brian Buckland is off-lineSilver Member
19 January 2014 19:06
para
Photographer
para
Norfolk
Diss

Quote from Darkstudent
Is it just me, or is a casting with the termsĀ Hi, I'm looking for a tog that takes incredible photos so I can use them for an agency if anyone can help me out would be great, seem a little me me me sod the photographer kinda thing ?

I can't see the problem,the model has laid her cards on the table,that's what she want's from the shoot.Likewise the photographer tells her what he wants from the shoot.If there is an agreement then the shoot takes place

Gerry is off-line
19 January 2014 19:21
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Quote from Darkstudent
Is it just me, or is a casting with the terms 

1) Hi, I'm looking for a tog that takes incredible photos so I can use them for an agency

2) if anyone can help me out would be great

3) seem a little me me me sod the photographer kinda thing ?

Let me break it down for you as you have decided to pick holes in someones casting when they are free to ask for what they want:

1) What is wrong with asking for someone who takes incredible pictures - the only people who could be offended are those that don't take incredible pictures

2) If anyone can help me out doesn't sound like a demand to me - people are free to apply if they are interested or move on if they are not

3) The casting was for TFP, which means she is willing to trade time for images - she does not specify how much time or what type of images. I would have thought that a photographer who did meet the image quality criteria could make a proposal - perhaps they want to shoot something mutually agreeable, perhaps they shoot 2 hrs what the model wants and 2 hrs what the photographer wants or maybe someone with little talent applies and that is the best offer she has had and she then has to decide whether to accept or recast
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Neil Anderson is off-line
19 January 2014 19:23
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Presumably what the op is saying is that models must 'pay their dues' by working tf with photographers who are no good.
And that he would rather she just posted a casting saying ' interested in shooting - get in touch'

Then lots of people can reply to casting and get rejected.
That isn't how the system is supposed to work.

Posting comments here about castings which people can read and judge for themselves is just extremely bad manners.
On the basis of the current replies it seems you are indeed in the minority with your outrage - fortunately.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Paul Hodson is off-line
20 January 2014 02:11
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from JadedRed
Yeh, mph is a naughty person models with their 'I would like to benefit from a shoot' mentality, who do they think they are?

Yes - next thing you know some of the buggers will want paying!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

G Jack B is off-line
20 January 2014 03:34
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

Quote from JadedRed
Yeh, Plymjack is a naughty person models with their 'I would like to benefit from a shoot' mentality, who do they think they are?

Yes fancy a model wanting something from a shoot.......  good to see 2014 going the same way as 2013  "take cheap shots at any model who dares!"
Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
pmagic tms