Hi! New to this! :)

ASP_Sy is off-line
18 January 2014 10:47
ASPhotographic
Photographer

Somerset
Yeovil

Hi All

Just thought I would say hello as I am new. I only picked up a camera in November so this is all new to me. I have been lucky enough to meet and work with some lovely people already, so hopefully I am learning fast lol!

Be gentle!

Sy x

18 January 2014 11:50
C_Riccio
Photographer

A good start, depending on the speed you wish to progress either experiment with lighting to tighten that side of things up or buy some tuition. A little retouch tuition would help too. There are guys of 10 years plus on here with work worse than yours so keep at it.

ASP_Sy is off-line
18 January 2014 11:57
ASPhotographic
Photographer

Somerset
Yeovil

Quote from C_Riccio
A good start, depending on the speed you wish to progress either experiment with lighting to tighten that side of things up or buy some tuition. A little retouch tuition would help too. There are guys of 10 years plus on here with work worse than yours so keep at it.

Thank you so much for your advice C_Riccio.

Funnily enough I have been working with an experienced model to try to learn lighting as she owns her own studio, I have also looked into purchasing my lights for experimentation.
The retouch skills will come with time I suppose as up till now my only image editing experience was with building supplies and tools (for a company which shall remain nameless!). So it's more an experience than software knowledge issue maybe?

Thank you so much for your positivity on my early efforts though, it's really appreciated.

Sy

18 January 2014 12:00
C_Riccio
Photographer

I've retouched a few tools in my time Remember, its a marathon not a sprint!

ASP_Sy is off-line
18 January 2014 12:13
ASPhotographic
Photographer

Somerset
Yeovil

Quote from C_Riccio
I've retouched a few tools in my time Remember, its a marathon not a sprint!

Lol! I am sure I will too retouch more 'tools' in my future endeavors!

Ye I think you are right, it is a marathon. TBH I think no one could ever say they have learnt all there is to learn, it is a creative art after all and everyone adds a new interpretation and inspiration to it. So I just aim to progress, that's all anyone can hope for I suppose.

35 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ClaireMzDevon DareMeDD ElleLaura Tashaholz
Belemboo bob BOBREEVES chandos Chazablake david1500 djb1 ElegantCaptures Firebaby flashbangwallop geoffmarchant gerry99111 hylander john_at_tina_spice jonlee Kjoservices lify markeos50d Matt1988 modelboutique orca_photography peacock Platidonio Redbaron Sp_digital spiritofwales Steveh32 Thunder_Photos two_stops xsync
matt