Reminder Secure

Fuji X-PRO1 Offer at Wex Photographic...is it too good to miss?

Mark Tipton is off-line
17 January 2014 16:51
TiptonPhotography
Photographer
TiptonPhotography
Merseyside

Absolutely was for me anyway! Just thought I would share in case anyone else was on the verge!

Fuji X-PRO1 with 18 mm lens and a Billingham case thrown in to boot at £899
Wex offer:  http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-fuji-x-pro1-black-digital-camera-with-18mm-lens/p10001683

Then the Fuji offer of another free lens, but watch the small print, as you are not supposed to post the request form for your free lens until 14 days after purchase. Then you will have to wait a further 28 days before they post it too you, and the offer ends 31st of January.
Fuji Offer:  http://free-xpro1-lens.co.uk/

I love the Fuji X 100s and think I am gonna love the new Fuji at least as much. No more broken back and aching arms on a Sunday morning!

HowardJ is off-line
17 January 2014 17:06
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

but a supposedly much better camera the X-T1 is due to be announced on the 28th. they're clearing stock to make room for it.

Don't forget to use topcashback when you buy from Wex to get money back.

Mark Tipton is off-line
17 January 2014 17:30
TiptonPhotography
Photographer
TiptonPhotography
Merseyside

Quote from HowardJ
but a supposedly much better camera the X-T1 is due to be announced on the 28th. they're clearing stock to make room for it. Don't forget to use topcashback when you buy from Wex to get money back.

Yes I am pretty sure your right, with the offers they are doing now something new is on the way but this is a great camera and a great offer. With the cash off the 18 mm lens at £329 that comes with the camera, that left me paying £570 for the X-PRO1 with a free Billingham bag. The bag is very nice to I must admit, never bought a Billingham before and will hold the camera with lens and room for another two as well as the flash and usual bits n bobs (well at least bits-not much room left for bobs, sorry Bob!).

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
17 January 2014 17:40
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Quote from HowardJ
[but a supposedly much better camera the X-T1 is due to be announced on the 28th. they're clearing stock to make room for it.

Don't forget to use topcashback when you buy from Wex to get money back. ]

Yes fuji rumours, or rumors as American spelling is eccentric is full of bullish news of an 'XT-1' which looks like a centre viewfinder almost OMD look EVF SLR. Regardless the XPro is getting long in the tooth focus speed wise and file processing speed. BUT it was never a bad camera and new models don't make the older model worse, though residual values will drop quickly. The 18mm lenses looks a adequate rather than brilliant, but the freebie choice does give excellent options.
The choice seems to be do you get a pretty good kit for £900, especially for landscape and street stuff, or wait and spend a chunk more on something better?

Mark Tipton is off-line
17 January 2014 17:48
TiptonPhotography
Photographer
TiptonPhotography
Merseyside

Quote from magpie1
Yes fuji rumours, or rumors as American spelling is eccentric is full of bullish news of an 'XT-1' which looks like a centre viewfinder almost OMD look EVF SLR. Regardless the XPro is getting long in the tooth focus speed wise and file processing speed. BUT it was never a bad camera and new models don't make the older model worse, though residual values will drop quickly. The 18mm lenses looks a adequate rather than brilliant, but the freebie choice does give excellent options. The choice seems to be do you get a pretty good kit for £900, especially for landscape and street stuff, or wait and spend a chunk more on something better?

There is ALWAYS something better just around the corner...but if you ALWAYS wait then who will be out there taking pictures?

HowardJ is off-line
17 January 2014 17:52
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

It looks like there's also £100 off deals on buying lenses separately. £100 Cashback on one lens and £300 if you buy two.

try http://www.dealsrunner.com/deals/xf-lenses

Mark Tipton is off-line
17 January 2014 18:15
TiptonPhotography
Photographer
TiptonPhotography
Merseyside

Quote from HowardJ
It looks like there's also £100 off deals on buying lenses separately. £100 Cashback on one lens and £300 if you buy two. try http://www.dealsrunner.com/deals/xf-lenses

I wonder if this deal will still be on when they release the new 56mm and 10-24mm lenses???

One can only hope!

HowardJ is off-line
17 January 2014 18:44
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from TiptonPhotography
I wonder if this deal will still be on when they release the new 56mm and 10-24mm lenses???

One can only hope!

you're not that lucky. it's only available on the shown lenses but it does run until the end of March.

Henry is off-lineSilver Member
18 January 2014 18:58
Henry_Artist
Photographer
Henry_Artist
Lancashire
Blackpool

There are lots of crazy deals at the moment as companies look to get rid of stock left over from Christmas - especially older versions of cameras and lenses. I got a Pentax Q from my local supermarket this week for £36.00 smiley
I may as well do it. I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

OldMaster is off-line
19 January 2014 05:37
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

If you like "Leica" style photography..the X-Pro1 is a superb camera. Brilliant sensor, superb optics (including the 18mm...Fuji have always made superior lenses including the Hasselblad series and these are optimised for body/sensor) and a whole "slow you down" style that can only benefit your pictures?

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin ElleLaura gggggg Kitty_1 latara_18 Littlemiss01 Tashaholz Vickey
AaronKent bbphotos bengie dorrian FlashHarry100 john_at_tina_spice jonnywoo Kjoservices mlp nibs208 oro oscar p4pFetography plld stevegosh steveh32 Thunder_Photos VB_Photo