Paul White is off-line
22 January 2014 10:28
PureWhitePhotography
Photographer
PureWhitePhotography
Berkshire
Reading

Quote from RedChecker
You're making the assumption that the camera isn't going to pre-flash (for flash metering) and will just add confusion if he has to make the flash detect this (he's no expert on the workings of all this).

It sounds like your friend is sorted anyway, but just for purpose of discussion the Yongnuo 560's will ignore pre-flash, I think its mode S1 or S2 - works fine with my Sony Nex onboard flash for ignoring TTL pulses. Its amazing what they do for £40 or so isnt it!

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
22 January 2014 10:31
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I know they will, but I need simple kit for him to use without me being there to instruct him on how to use them and what does what, hence wanting 'dumb' triggers with basic flash units.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Ashleighmckenzie Carliegomez24 kacie REDXXX RoxyMendez toxicinnocence
antoinewynn brunswickci davewilliams david1500 Dolayley flawless_photo gshocker30 gunnergraham gwentman humphries hylander iestyn jackw JohnDentonPhoto jonnywoo Jph1954 mike0048 nickdandalos orca_photography Pendragon140994 robertsonshug rscott360 Spiritofwales stevegosh Studio1 Thunder_Photos tonycsm