Reminder Secure

Cameras used in films

10 February 2014 19:55
Catuaba
Photographer

I had a play with wondershare video editer, as a download whilst deciding on adobe's software, the saturation turned ok and video looked well, but for indoor I was at like iso 1250 F11 1/50th and 23 frames, this was on a 50mm 1.8 so no i.s. It looks not bad but having too work lights on was a nightmare and the slightest knock to the camera without is was bad.
The whole zoom aspect too in comparison to a decent camcorder was weird.
Photography I am not new to, but with video it's brand new, starting from the bottom. And just because it's coming with dslr's now let me say, does not make me think for a second im a videographer, just interested in learning.

When I say zoom aspect, clearly the 50mm is a prime, I also used a 70-200 f4 in the tight space but I mean In general on a camcorder you can zoom quick and accurately in a different way.

David Heels is off-line
11 February 2014 13:56
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

I don't know if anyone's been following the Quentin Tarantino saga, regarding his latest film 'The Hateful Eight', which he dropped when a Hollywood agent apparently posted the script online. 

The film is described, as a 70mm ensemble Western.

In fact, the very opening lines of the script read...

EXT -  WHITE WINTER WYOMING MOUNTAIN RANGE - SNOWY DAY.

A breathtaking 70mm filmed (as is the whole movie) snow covered mountain range.

A staggering opening vista, set to appropriately nerve jangling music.

Then in the bottom left of this big 70MM SUPER CINEMASCOPE FRAME, we see a STAGECOACH being pulled by a team of SIX HORSES rip snorting through the bottom of the landscape.

Perhaps we can expect a resurgence of 70mm.
Dave

11 February 2014 17:00
ATVLONDON
Photographer

My Arriflex 16 BL. I used this camera to shoot lots of stuff between 2000 - 2008. Bloody expensive to feed with film and getting it telecined was prohibitive for a pauper like me.
[URL=http://img267.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=155784908_arri_122_252lo.jpg][/URL]
If this doesn't display can someone explain how you post images on these threads.
My doctor told me I've only got 6 months to live. Then I told him I couldn't pay him... so he gave me another 6 months.

31 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AdelineE DareMeDD ElleLaura Kacie karenr kategrimsby RoxyMendez Terrym2010
ad360photo Andrewmoon bbphotos Blancho cliffc davejohn david1500 eyecandiphotography gazzer59 jonlee kizer magpie1 Millzy82 paulgooddy philippahh pmeswani redbaron shootsyou stevegosh Swyftie thestarglider Willjamieson
kerandastudio2