Imac and Loxley Roes

Graham is off-lineSilver Member
23 December 2013 17:07
smooth_image
Photographer
smooth_image
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Struggling to understand Loxley Roes on my Imac.

The layout looks totally different.
It doesnt give me any options to access an external hard drive, even copying a file into my pictures folder doesnt help as
clicking on pictures and option just brings up some random folder I dont even know where it is ?

I am very familiar with Roes on my laptop. just opened it up and i immediately have access to whichever files i want, 
but I dont want the faff of pratting around disconecting my hard drive and plugging it into the laptop !

Not at all happy with the Imac version of this if this is how it seems to be

Can anyone offer any help please or is it just mac and roes dont like each other ?

Cheers

Graham
'You hold onto your tongue, and I will hold onto my patience...'

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
24 December 2013 06:47
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Loxley Roes is Java based so should look similar on either. Loxley have recently redesigned Roes entirely, are you sure you have not still got the old version on one of your machines? I can't say I'm smitten by the new version. With the new one on windows there is now a filmstrip bar at the bottom when on the 'start ordering' tab at the top. Clickin gon the 'Add Images' button then brings up windows explorer. I assume finder in the case of the MAcs.

I see in the bottom RH corner of the home tab there is a diagnostic button with options to clear cache and preferences. Perhaps this would help. I do recall with the old version I had to do something like this to clear a problem.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

CSD Images is off-line
24 December 2013 06:56
CSD_Images
Photographer
CSD_Images
Grampian
Aberdeen

ROES is a vendor agnostic bit of Java s/w so it's not unique to Loxley most of the on-line lab companies will use it. In any case Loxley have a help page:

http://www.loxleycolour.com/videotutorials.aspx

I admit the new system is a bit clunky, in some ways worse than the old version but at least it's Java 7 compatible now.
www.flickr.com/photos/csd_images | www.celticshadows.co.uk

9 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin Donna654321 ElleLaura
davidhunt diphoto George99 RenedeHaan VB_Photo viewphotographic