Paul Jones is off-line
03 December 2013 15:22
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Quote from Jasehenson
Hi Paul, firstly love your site....its very fresh and modern to say the least. Thanks very much for the feedback

Quote from dominicdean
I would try something like wordpress which is easy to use and will give you a good look plus you could start with a blog rather than a site and build your site into your blog. 

Hi Jase

Thanks for taking my comments so well.  I know it can be disheartening to hear negative comments when you have put a lot of work into something.

My website is built with Wordpress.  It's a customised Wordpress theme.

Best regards

Paul
http://www.pauljones.org/

www.PaulJones.org (Glamour / Portraits / NSFW)

Jase Henson Creative is off-line
03 December 2013 15:24
Jasehenson
Photographer
Jasehenson
East Sussex
Bexhill On Sea

Thanks both Dominic's. As ever great guidance and much apriciated.

I think I'm going to go for the minimal approach, maybe created a different type of gallery and change the information around a bit.

Will let you know when it's done, hopefully I can build it better the 2nd time around lol.

Take care, look out for the next installments

Jase

4EverYoung is off-line
06 December 2013 15:56
Midnite
Photographer
Midnite
Cambridgeshire
Peterborough

Jase,

Build it once then build it again by the third incarnation you will have totally changed your mind and started again.

i'm on version 3 of the one i'm currently working on (more off than on) and it's nothing like the first 2.

I'd agree with what others have said to be honest.

It doesn't hold the attention long enough

and doesn't really give a sense of what you want from the site. no offence intended

it's never going to please everyone but needs to get your message across and make people want to look at more.
I have never failed But i have discovered thousands of approches which don't work.

06 December 2013 16:37
Jasehenson
Photographer
Jasehenson
East Sussex
Bexhill On Sea

Hey Midnite, no offence taken at all,

All the posts have been really helpful to me and I can't understand why people get upset if you ask for feedback and can't take it - if people can't take the good and bad remarks, then grown with them, they shouldn't ask really should they? Not that I've got any good remarks from you lot lol.... but I have had awesome feedback which showed me I have to take a different approach.

Seriously thanks for everyone i've taken a new approach which I'm currently re-writing... hopefully I can show you next week and get some more feedback.

Have a good weekend and thanks again for your comments - everyone.

Jase

Samantha Duell is off-line
08 December 2013 13:19
SDuell
Photographer
SDuell
Cambridgeshire
whittlesey

Quote from dominicdgt

Had a look, I don't really understand what the site is for?

i agree just looked you have some very nice images on the main page but its lacking with some real inspiration maybe instead of using professional images of celebs on your site use amateur or unknown photographers images on it

the site has your name on it .......... so make it about YOU not other people. i wanna see you work, your images, your passion. i want you to be my inspiration i dont wanna see someone eleses

also write abit more bout you how did you start? what made you pick up your 1st camera and start clicking? doesnt have to go into a personal blog just an insite as to where you get your inspiration and how you get you ideas

atleast you took the 1st step to creating a nice website now you just need to look at its content a bit more

08 December 2013 16:25
Jasehenson
Photographer
Jasehenson
East Sussex
Bexhill On Sea

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for your nice comments on my work and the feedback on my site. You're totally right and I will take your superb comments and apply them to my next site

Watch this space and takecare

Jase

20 December 2013 02:36
Jasehenson
Photographer
Jasehenson
East Sussex
Bexhill On Sea

Good morning super critiques.

I've redesigned following your comments and would like you to take a look please. its only draft so ignore spellings, but consider the format and content concept.

http://jhcupdate.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

Have a great day and as ever thanks for your feedback.

Jase

Barry Usher is off-lineGold Member
20 December 2013 02:48
dreambhug
Photographer

East Sussex
Polegate

Hi Jase,
I checked out your site and found it an excelllent show case of your work. Great photographs and lovely models, what more do you need?!

34 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
CJ2015B DareMeDD evajohnson MissCaraJane QueenDeeVa01 RoxyMendez Sammy_Louise
BOBREEVES carshaltonkev chandos chicimages DabImagery Daveinsurrey Essexjohn gerry99111 goZzee hylander ianbutty JRFox Kjoservices mikehemmings modelboutique myp55 Opalapertures orca_photography PhilWinterbourne PHP_Photography redbaron robhillphoto snappychap sniffer stevegosh Stevew1 TinDolls