Reminder Secure

I'm Looking For A Cheaper Broadband Package!

Tony Stephenson is off-line
27 November 2013 10:17
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from stolenfaces
It's difficult to compare as I signed up to my previous supplier just as ADSL became affordable and it was still quite problematic. But plusnet was very easy to set-up and transfer smooth. When I had the issue of the broken router I was able to communicate with their people (who advised me they'd give me another 'free' router if I signed for another years contract. This is only my back up service though, as I have 60Mb Virgin. All my dealings with them have suggested competence and as advertised they have their call-centre in Yorkshire. On IOS7 you can tether an iphone by using 'Personal Hotspot' in the settings menu, not sure how many ios versions that goes back. Check that tethering is covered in your unlimited data, it used to be common to charge extra for tethered data.

Neil, I've looked at my old IPhone 3GS and it's got the Personal Hotspot feature and I'm still on IOS5 so that's good.

Cheers for the feedback on PlusNet. I was a bit concerned by some of the annonymous negative reviews I read about PlusNet as you do when looking up about any service provider but you can't always trust them as you don't know the origin of the complaints.
www.le-femme.co.uk

27 November 2013 10:24
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from mph
I have the 3GS - it's settings/personal on IOS 5 which I am still using. Tethering is allowed on my very cheap T-Mobile contact

I just noticed you'd posted the same thing Paul!frown
www.le-femme.co.uk

Tony_Parker is off-lineSilver Member
29 November 2013 16:13
Tony_Parker
Photographer

South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Plusnet are Sheffield based and have been since when I think they used to be called Force9 Internet back in the late 1990s. They have now been owned by BT for about 5 to 6 years I think.

Anthonygh is off-line
03 December 2013 15:49
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

I have just signed up for the 3 contract that allows unlimited tethering and so far it has worked fine....not the fastest service in the world....but that could be partly down to my phone spec. Taking into account the talk time and text allowance, it seems a very good deal for £15 p.m.

Peter Hague is off-line
05 December 2013 08:15
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from anthonyh
I have just signed up for the 3 contract that allows unlimited tethering and so far it has worked fine....not the fastest service in the world....but that could be partly down to my phone spec. Taking into account the talk time and text allowance, it seems a very good deal for £15 p.m.

Three silently launched 4g yesterday, so you should be able to access that (depending on where you live) soon. And it's a free upgrade, no changes to your account from what you have now. Saw a guy on the test getting 40mb down, 20 up on his phone yesterday. Sounds great for umlimited and tethering!
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

Paul Hodson is off-line
05 December 2013 10:22
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from PeterH
Three silently launched 4g yesterday, so you should be able to access that (depending on where you live) soon. And it's a free upgrade, no changes to your account from what you have now. Saw a guy on the test getting 40mb down, 20 up on his phone yesterday. Sounds great for umlimited and tethering!

You presumably need a 4G ready phone though?
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Peter Hague is off-line
05 December 2013 11:52
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from mph
You presumably need a 4G ready phone though?

Oh yes!

But Three claim they're going to give everyone with a suitable phone 4g on the same contract they already have now, which makes it look a fab. deal when compared to the other providers 4g offerings.
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

David Kirk is off-line
05 December 2013 15:00
DKirk
Photographer

Glasgow
Glasgow

Depending on your location, changing provider may not have that much effect on your speeds. If there's no cable or fibre optics in your area then it'll be down BT's cables and the speed will vary with your distnce from the exchange. . .

05 December 2013 15:13
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from PeterH
Do you have Sky TV? Add their BB package for £7.50, no limits, no throttling. Never had a problem with them. As for mobile, I use Three's One plan 2000min, (+5000 3-to-3mins) 5000 texts, unlimited (genuinely) data, and the ability to tether. £15/m on contract, £18 without.

Sorry Peter, I thought I'd replied to you...( I'm at that age I reckon  

I don't have Sky so that's out. I'll look into THREE as I still haven't sorted anything out regarding my mobile as I've been sorting out my household insurance and saved £180 on the annual premium just by approaching my existing insurer which is not bad so I'm on a bit of a roll.

www.le-femme.co.uk

17 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
blurob kacie Rosamund RoxyMendez
daveo ellessephotography jackw MEaston MIB nickdandalos pandaface poah simon007 Thunder_Photos tms tony121
Discretion