Finding a model

Black_Country_Bloke is off-line
18 November 2013 14:21
Black_Country_Bloke
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending

West Midlands
Wednesbury

I need a bit of help here, there must be something wrong with the photographs that I have in my portfolio at the moment as I can't get anyone to work with me. So come on fellow members what's wrong with me? All I want is to improve my portfolio whilst helping with models portfolios.

ForumModerator is a moderatorPlatinum Member
18 November 2013 14:27
ForumModerator

West Sussex

Have you tried posting a Casting Call? There are none Active on your profile at present?
~~~~~~~~

Tracey louise Sheppard is off-lineSilver Member
18 November 2013 14:31
stacey146
Model
stacey146
Worcestershire
worcester

hi there if your prepaired to travel ti worcster im prepaid to shoot with you at my home

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
18 November 2013 15:00
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

I have a place to shoot in London

Paul Hodson is off-line
18 November 2013 15:06
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Black_Country_Bloke
All I want is to improve my portfolio whilst helping with models portfolios.

Which I assume means TF shoots. You have to ask yourself if your images will improve the portfolios of the models you wish to attract - as if they won't you can't expect them to work with you. If on the other hand you are offering to pay.......

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Gerry is off-line
18 November 2013 15:35
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Have you tried to hire a model by paying them their fee requirements? Most models TF to get them fee paying work - do you feel you can get them images that will generate paid bookings?

You don't then need to worry about their portfolio and can concentrate on yours if you pay them.

With four or five photographers to every model, models can afford to be very selective who they TF with especially as half probably don't feel the need for any collaborations at all.
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Jesfish is off-line
18 November 2013 15:41
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

I hope this doesn't sound harsh but you don't have any images on your profile that would make many models want to collaborate with you.   Models will either want payment in return for their time or good images they can use for their portfolios.

18 November 2013 16:43
PaulManuell
Photographer

I'd do what the mod said, place a casting call. Like you, I couldn't get anyone to work with me (about a dozen emails sent out, all read but only a couple replied to, and even they disappeared after one email), so I placed a casting call. I had 4 replies within a couple days, and although 3 of them were much too far away, the other one was near me and within a week we'd had a brilliant 4hr shoot. So place a casting call, you've got nothing to lose.

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
18 November 2013 16:47
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I'm actually wondering if this post and portfolio may be some other members idea of a wind up.

If not then unfortunately the answer to your question is yes. I cannot believe any model would feel the quality of images posted on your portfolio is going to help them in any way. I'm sure there are models happy to work with you though. Indeed I see Cody has already offered. What you cannot expect at the moment is for them to do so for nothing.

Pay for an experienced model who is capable of posing without prompting then focus on building up you skills to the point where you can approach models confident in offering images that are better than those she or he currently have.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Profile Pictures is off-line
18 November 2013 18:15
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Stick your hand in your pocket, find money, pay Cody, she's a very experienced and popular model who'll make life easier in terms of getting a good shot. TF isn't easy to arrange, some factors might make it impossible for you.

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
caz0054 hayleyrooney pinklilly Tashaholz
bazza53 dorrian jayfish jccj1 Jobbo51 keltica Ladiesman mauricesimagery mikeA mlp MrDL nik300 ownimage RealityImaging Spiritofwales steveh32 tms Vinceb Willy_O