Reminder Secure

Grrrr models!

silver-star is off-line
17 November 2013 07:29
silverstar
Photographer
silverstar
Surrey

Just seen a casting on another (inferior) model/photographer website and I cant believe what I am reading. The model is asking for photographers to shoot her for her portfolio and then wants them to pay her for the privilege!

Don is off-line
17 November 2013 07:43
DonMacKay
Photographer
DonMacKay
West Yorkshire
Keighley

You shouldn't let this upset you. She can ask. However, it's unlikely that any decent photographer will fall for it.

Neil Anderson is off-line
17 November 2013 07:58
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from silverstar
Just seen a casting on another (inferior) model/photographer website and I cant believe what I am reading. The model is asking for photographers to shoot her for her portfolio and then wants them to pay her for the privilege!

Wow how awful! You must be in a terrible state of shock!
If only models and modelling were state controlled this type of free enterprise could be wiped out entirely, and you could read castings safely again.

Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
17 November 2013 08:00
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

This is by no means a unique scenario! You will also see ' amateur, no experience, paid work only' , 'implied topless £50/hr' etc. people are allowed to ask for anything they want, however unfeaseable, the likelihood of a response may be.But they can ask.

silver-star is off-line
17 November 2013 08:02
silverstar
Photographer
silverstar
Surrey

Ha Stolen, that's exactly what we need. I nearly choked on my tea!

silver-star is off-line
17 November 2013 08:04
silverstar
Photographer
silverstar
Surrey

Quote from magpie1
This is by no means a unique scenario! You will also see ' amateur, no experience, paid work only' , 'implied topless £50/hr' etc. people are allowed to ask for anything they want, however unfeaseable, the likelihood of a response may be.But they can ask.

Or just turning up is enough to secure the payment, doing what is asked is too much trouble.

Profile Pictures is off-line
17 November 2013 08:56
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Conversely, there's bullprofilepictures is a naughty person aplenty offered by photographers too, both sides can be pretty brass necked I think.

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
17 November 2013 09:16
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Quote from profilepictures
[Conversely, there's bullmagpie1 is a naughty person aplenty offered by photographers too, both sides can be pretty brass necked I think.]

Obviously, for every amateur, no experience, paid work only, model, there is an ' advanced, very experienced, paid work only,'photographer, whose portfolio is made up of images taken on "workshops"That's the nature of most/all? Internet sites, not limited to model, photographers, people can pretty much say anything they want.

raw and the cooked is off-line
17 November 2013 12:28
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

Delusions all around are not uncommon!

17 November 2013 17:14
Dani-Elle
Model

Quote from magpie1
amateur, no experience, paid work only' , 'implied topless £50/hr'

You think that's bad the other model I worked with today demanded a Dreamie after every pose change! And then spent the rest of the shoot snoozing!
If a job is worth doing, Is worth doing right.

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
wildchief
alanbassettphotography antoinewynn bbphotos bob Brownnwhite ChrisNewton couchestudio djb1 dorrian freddie James7799 keltica lify normant parafotos pcmphotography psn redbaron riddell stevegosh tms xposed