How many of you ? Are is it just me ?

Strober is off-line
11 November 2013 10:57
Strober
Photographer
Strober
Cheshire
Manchester

Hey lads, how many of you guys see other photographers photographs and say to your self, he has not finished that....

For example I seen a guy upload one the other day and I was like he did not finish that because the ratio of the black background was too light, (well I assume he wanted it to be a black background). I could not resist so downloaded it and opened it up in photoshop adjusted the levels of the darks to the image. To see what I would of considered to be a finished photograph.

After I done this / seen what it looked like I threw it in the bin and did empty the bin. So question is do any of you guys see other guys work and think, hes not finished that ?

Strober
www.strober.co.uk

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
11 November 2013 11:24
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Yes
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Profile Pictures is off-line
11 November 2013 11:37
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Like some fella in a ditch shooting a pistol but there being no corresponding shock wave registering on the water surface, just a few smooth untroubled ripples? That sort of thing?

Feel free to join in of course, I bet we all cock up sometimes.

11 November 2013 12:00
Socialdisaster
Photographer

you seem both presumptious and rude.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

11 November 2013 12:04
barone
Photographer

NO

Simply because if you give an image to 20 different people to work, you'll get 20 different results....one has to assume the end result fitted the photographers vision.
Next Model Day...23rd March 2014...http://purpleport.com/portfolio/angie...Interested?...Ask me for details.

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
11 November 2013 12:06
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

Strober, you know you have a habit of referring to photography like its gender specific! even the other day calling a female OP photographer "mate"

Strober is off-line
11 November 2013 12:22
Strober
Photographer
Strober
Cheshire
Manchester

I see, I have got some very different opinions here. Some people are like me, then other people are not like, but hey that's life.

Sometimes I think to my-self that they just can't be bothered, I mean sometimes I can't be bothered either. One day I had a male model at my home studio who "fell a sleep" on me because he wanted his images that day. LOL I had like 20 images to do and by the first ten I was like I can't be botherd lol so the ratio of the black backgrounds were not to my true liking either.

Also I apologize to the members that feel that I was being rude, I did not mean to cause offence. Again some people agree they are like me and others don't agree. But hey that's cool
www.strober.co.uk

Gerry is off-line
11 November 2013 12:23
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

I look at work all the time. If it fails, I move on, if it works, I look at it and say to myself what is it that drew me in and what is it that I don't like about it. That is as far as I take it as it is not my work.

Every piece of work reaches a point where the person who created it is happy to display it and not to respect that and decide they have further work to do is an insult. If the picture has no merit to you, just move on.

I find most people who worry to much about what others should be doing probably would benefit from looking at their own portfolios instead
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Mike is off-lineSilver Member
11 November 2013 12:30
M1KE
Photographer
M1KE
Cheshire
Chester

Sometimes, when they forget to put a massive watermark on...
"Down with this sort of thing", "Careful now"

Strober is off-line
11 November 2013 12:48
Strober
Photographer
Strober
Cheshire
Manchester

You know, this is going to be my last post on this thread as I feel it's going no where. I started it with the intention of having a friendly discussion. However, it appears that allot of you are taking offence so please do enjoy this thread. As I'm no longer taking part.

Thanks

Gaz
www.grptv.co.uk
www.strober.co.uk

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Bonnylad27 miles sarahjane1 skykantara1
a24udi anthonyh cliffc djb1 dorrian Dphphotography Essexjohn expicto firsttake GerryS2 Iain9uk James7799 jpegster markeos50d mg p4pFetography photosareu rscott360 Scotography stevebenson stevegosh steveh32 TerryXX99 Thunder_Photos Willjamieson