BT broadband.

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
21 October 2013 11:45
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Trying to get cost of my broadband reduced to as little as possible currently on the basic package with up to 10G per month @ £18.85 anybody got a much better deal than this with BT? would like to stay with them as they provide a reliable service although it is a bit expensive compared to a lot of other providers. Been told some people have got theirs down to less than half of what I am paying.

Suzy Monty is off-line
21 October 2013 12:04
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Paul, I have a business BT broadband package - unlimited downloads - for £12.50p a month. (Plus VAT)  If that's any help. They do provide good back up help if anything goes wrong.
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

seanb is off-lineGold Member
21 October 2013 13:25
seanb
Photographer
seanb
Essex
Leigh on Sea

Sounds high for normal broadband. I'm on £17.50 for BT fibre with a 40GB limit. The fibre has download speeds of up to 40Mb/s, and I'm reliably getting close to that (usually mid-30s when tested with Speedtest).

I don't go in for much streaming or use any of the on-demand TV and film services so the limit is more than enough for me.
http://www.seanbphotography.co.uk

tomhl is off-line
21 October 2013 17:23
tomhl
Photographer
tomhl
Ayrshire
Dumfries,Ayr,Carlisle,Glasgow,Manchester

Quote from paulford
would like to stay with them as they provide a reliable service .

I hate BT with a passion, they are most the useless and unreliable company EVER!!!
Four months it took them to sort my broadband out in my new house and I made over 30 phone calls .Never once
did they turn up or call me when they promised - muppets all of them!!

Now with Plusnet and a happy customer cheeky

My imagination wants to see the vivid colours of reality .

David Kirk is off-line
22 October 2013 03:04
DKirk
Photographer

Glasgow
Glasgow

Quote from tomhl
I hate BT with a passion, they are most the useless and unreliable company EVER!!!

Four months it took them to sort my broadband out in my new house and I made over 30 phone calls .Never once

did they turn up or call me when they promised - muppets all of them!!

Now with Plusnet and a happy customer

+1

BT said they couldn't find the address on a database to connect. . . Claimed the property was too new to be listed. . . Didn't realise a tenement built around 1896 could be classed as a new-build. . .

Muppets the lot of them, took nearly 3 moths to get a phoneline set up.

Profile Pictures is off-line
22 October 2013 03:12
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

BT customer service is truly horrible, I spent six hours solid on the phone once, trying to change a single detail ( bank account number) and being passed around more departments than I can recall. After complaining and asking for a copy of the call log to be reviewed I got £200 compensation, but I'd rather just not have bothered. Avoid

Laurence Power is off-line
22 October 2013 03:17
LaurenceJPower
Photographer
LaurenceJPower
Surrey
Esher

Interesting the comments about Plusnet, Are people aware that Plusnet is actually the budget offering from

BT!

Personally I'm with BT and I'm very happy, for me the monthly capacity problem isn't so much the downloads but uploads, I'm uploading up to 1200 images a week to Zenfolio.
Laurence J. Power

tomhl is off-line
22 October 2013 04:07
tomhl
Photographer
tomhl
Ayrshire
Dumfries,Ayr,Carlisle,Glasgow,Manchester

Quote from LaurenceJPower
Interesting the comments about Plusnet, Are people aware that Plusnet is actually the budget offering from BT! .

I did know that BT owns Plusnet and that makes it worse.
You phone BT and you spend 15 minutes before you actually speak to anyone, and then its some woman in the Philippines who you can't understand.
Or you phone Plusnet and you get through to someone in about 30 seconds, ok they are in South Yorkshire but still slightly easier to understand.

As others have said BT customer service is simply shocking and they don't give a tomhl is a naughty person about you.
Four months and I was still being told they were having problems installing my Broadband, I phoned ofcom and a solicitor and they magically sorted it within 2 hours.

My imagination wants to see the vivid colours of reality .

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
DareMeDD harryking kategrimsby RoxyMendez ryansd
andrewf antoinewynn chicimages D_H_P dannyrich david1500 djb1 dorrian GGDP_Photography gperl ignite Ladiesman mlp parafotos penfold10 photostevo psn Rhadamanthus skymouse swalsh58 Thunder_Photos
harbourstudio