Reminder Secure

Thinking of moving to Scotland. Will I need to quit modelling?!

HowardJ is off-line
02 November 2013 15:02
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

it's ok. it's a man thing. did you spill my pint type situation. We always have to be right.

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
02 November 2013 18:51
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Quote from RoxyMendez
Please......! Can't anyone ever start a thread without someone turning it into a debate about something totally irrelevant?????!!!!

Apparantly not.

However speak to the models that are already here.  I would say that you would need to be willing to travel to other places and be happy jumping about the woods in the cold.

If you are happy doing either of these things then you will be fine.

Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

Chrissie Red is off-line
02 November 2013 19:10
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from pinkbuildingphotography
Also I meant to mention above look at the Scottish Creative Network and the local photographic networks on the evil facebook. (Some of us will call it Pusbook). Also for outdoor shoots highland Perthshire, Angus and Aberdeenshire are great on the three sunny days a year.

I don't think SCN would be that much use.. Its only really TF I've seen on there.. 

Even the businesses want everything for as little money as possible. I have to "hold back" from saying "cheap b£$%ards". Last week they were looking for a chef to cook for everybody doing a short film.. For an entire day! Aghhh ;-)

06 November 2013 11:07
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from Chrissie_Red

Even the businesses want everything for as little money as possible. I have to "hold back" from saying "cheap b£$%ards". Last week they were looking for a chef to cook for everybody doing a short film.. For an entire day! Aghhh ;-)

Well what's wrong with that? How hard can it be to knock up a cauldron of porridge, a few haggis and a vat of whisky? Ok, ok, I'm sorry, I'll get my coat.

06 November 2013 15:17
_Maz_
Model

Quote from Chrissie_Red
I don't think SCN would be that much use.. Its only really TF I've seen on there.. 

The chef casting was a good one. It's exposure because everyone's eating your food!  Or standing at an event advertising a venue, and your payment was that it was great exposure and the photographer might take your picture. 

But yes, SCN is predominently TF*, may well be worth having a look to see who's who though.  

Scottish Alternative Model, represented by Spirit Model Management. Just a wee bit bonkers ;) www.kasuminoir.co.uk

A Woman At Work is off-lineGold Member
07 November 2013 00:54
awomanatwork
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
awomanatwork
Glasgow
Birmingham / Manchester / Glasgow

Good morning Roxy,
If you're thinking of moving to Scotland with the intension of generating enough income from Scottish photographers alone to maintain full time employment ... for a sustained period of time ... then I think that would be difficult. In my honest opinion I think you would still need to be prepared to travel to other parts of the UK ... as you do at the moment. You may find that by relocating to Scotland you are simply increasing your travel time and expense getting to shoots in order to get that full time wage..
Don't get me wrong Roxy, Scotland is an absolutely beautiful place to live and enjoy ... but as a career move it may actually end up costing you money.
All the best Roxy in whatever you decide.

ato is off-line
07 November 2013 17:01
atumeda
Photographer

Lothian

Quote from SandyCamel
Maybe when Scotland gains independence next year things will really change for them and the answers to this thread will need to be re-considered ?

perhaps, show the passport at Hadrians wall, while the rest of the world groups together for more strength.

Independence from what
Scotland alone at the edge of the world .... great.
Crap totale

Barney Douglas is off-line
24 November 2013 04:05
bdfoto
Photographer
bdfoto
West Sussex
Worthing

Best location art nude model I ever worked with was the lovely Kirsty Miller from Tayside - sadly no longer working in the industry. Is anyone still in touch with her?
"Simplicity in Photography for over 25 Years"

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
24 November 2013 11:57
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Quote from Chrissie_Red

Really that is a shame, I always pay money, unless it is freinds.  Maybe that is why I have no money and shoot about once every 6 months. 

Ah Well.  Sorry Roxy. 

I always pay as I know that I can't deliver a product within a reasonable timeframe.

I would do time for clothes if a model was up for it, however I prefer time for money.

Quote from Chrissie_Red

Sorry a chef to cook for free?  Why?

I think Cheap B%&%ARds is a fine description.
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

14 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ad360photo boss1968 Cg123 cgr dave@studio99 doughnut GGDP_Photography Keithhendy LGI michael_cameraman Njsphotography roger forrester Rupert Simon_M