Reminder Secure

modelling after having a baby

Gemma B is off-line
13 October 2013 11:24

United Kingdom

I had a baby 13 months ago and I'm just wondering if theres any other models out there with children. What advice would you give about getting back into modelling? Do you only do fashion even though you did glamor before?
I'm in two minds about modelling again.
I have deleted most of my pictures off my profile because I didnt think I would want to do it after having my son.

Any advice would be gratefully received xx

ImperfectRose is off-lineSilver Member
13 October 2013 12:35
United Kingdom
Greater Manchester

I have a two year old son. i still work to adult levels. and my skin.

13 October 2013 12:50

I had a baby 5 months ago and went back into work a few weeks after having him.

I used to be full time but only can work three days now.

I used to be able to travel to most places, I can now only travel around Bristol.

I still get many bookings as before I am more picky and when I work to nude it's never to full frontal.

You need to work to the levels you feel most comfortable.

It's nice to get away a few hours and be a model not a mum. Every once in a while it's nice to have a day off.

*dont let go of something you cant go a day without thinking of* <3

13 October 2013 15:00

I had a baby 9 months ago and find it really difficult managing motherhood, university and modelling but it can be done.

I went straight back to shooting nude with no trouble at all but my self esteem is definitely lower.

My advice would be to plan properly for your shoots so that you don't waste any of your time and enjoy the time off x

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
13 October 2013 15:53
United Kingdom

I do not see any reason why you could not as long as you are realistic about what you can or want to do.

An analogy would be if you were a student then you would need to work your modelling around your studies.

So assess what you can do and then work to those terms and be reliable.

There are loads of people who model and have children.

I would suggest that you get some more up to date pictures and post them.

I hope that you are successful.

Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AMANDAEDWARDS MissCaraJane Sammy_Louise Sarahjaynex Stacey27
AFYS BustyBritain colinpierce davewilliams djb1 eosfan humphries JohnDentonPhoto kaosrox Kjoservices Klp KrissB pdphotography pennycressvicki photoexcel PhotoSpyroS Spiritofwales stanrude SteveTyrrell swalsh58 thelook tonyk1 ukbondagetotty