19 October 2013 18:10
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

Quote from Sarge
.... Oh, and Jen if you fancy doing an elf shoot, I will provide the ears

Oh I didnt know you provided an elf service!
The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

Durham Photographics is off-lineSilver Member
19 October 2013 23:49
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
County Durham

Quote from clearview_photography
Oh I didnt know you provided an elf service!

You gnome me too well.

Etho Aprilis is off-line
20 October 2013 01:24
EthoAprilis
Model
This member has been reset to pending

Pennsylvania
Media

Quote from SDuell
its ok to just work with your head but theres only so much you can do with it ie position, expression
whats the point in modelling if all your portfoilo has is just head and shoulders showing the same things

working with a model with a broader range of pics like full body and topless shots makes getting work more easy if your looking to doing ads as youve mentioned etc then no model agent will sign you unless they can see the real you which doesnt include a portfoilo of only your face showing the same positions and expressions

and on the note of if you have potential id say no as you have a rotten attitude you asked people to review you but when they give you their opinion you snap sorry but not many photographers will work with arragant models fact

bit of advice get a photographer to take some better shots of your face as thats only what you want to shoot and youll see how limited youll be as a model

You obviously have not been here for the full conversation have you?

I've already shown and stated, i had a very professional response the 1st time i was told "Add more photos" I responded with a very nice "i disagree" and a very nice "thanks for your feedback"

Then people proceeded to tell me the same thing, which is not only irrelevant to the question, but very unhelpful seeing as how it's already been said.

I have also stated that i am a photographer as well. I would most certainly hire someone to shoot just by seeing their face. Unless the shot was focusing on something else. What makes your opinion more valued than mine? I stated my opinion as opinion, while you guys are trying to force yours down my throat like fact.

I DID NOT ASK: How my poses were, if my body was fit enough, if i looked natural, etc.

I have been told by a couple female models, i could be a model, so i figured the pictures i have would be enough to get some more feedback.

I SAY IN MY PROFILE that the only experience i have is taking pictures of MYSELF. Wouldn't it be OBVIOUS that i do NOT have full body shots?

Why would i ask for feedback on pictures i don't have?
Why would i take "add full length shots" as feed back when i can't take full length shots?
Why would i take "add your height" when i firmly state i am not tall and would like to do solo shots?

100% of you are acting like i have some attitude problem, i'm egotistical, and IM being difficult, when really you all are apparently having an issue with reading a bio and a question properly.

I am sick of arguing.

I am not having any issues with taking a review of my portfolio, as i didn't ask for one.
No, i asked if i had potential. That's the BEGINNING, just STARTING. The same as looking at a really good drawing from a kid, who you can say "Well he's no Picasso, but he has POTENTIAL"

EVERYONE NEEDS TO STOP TURNING THIS INTO SOMETHING IT'S NOT!!

And trust me i am in no way giving an attitude. I am a real prick when i'm giving one, this is me being honest and realistic.

Etho Aprilis is off-line
20 October 2013 01:31
EthoAprilis
Model

Pennsylvania
Media

Quote from JennyWren
I'm 5ft3. Doesn't stop me getting work from here, nor do I shoot nude. Haven't had to dress up as an elf either...

Thank you for your feedback. You are a female so it is slightly different. However i never said my height was an issue. The elf comment i made was in response to someone telling me to "use my height to my advantage" and as a short male i can't see a way to do that positively.

Etho Aprilis is off-line
20 October 2013 01:32
EthoAprilis
Model

Pennsylvania
Media

Quote from BaileyK
Head to modelmayhem.com

You will have more like there.

Thank you, a am on that site as well. I don't feel ill have much luck here anyway, as in most of the population seems to be UK, i am US.

Etho Aprilis is off-line
20 October 2013 01:32
EthoAprilis
Model

Pennsylvania
Media

Quote from BaileyK
Head to modelmayhem.com

You will have more like there.

Thank you, a am on that site as well. I don't feel ill have much luck here anyway, as in most of the population seems to be UK, i am US.

Etho Aprilis is off-line
20 October 2013 01:49
EthoAprilis
Model

Pennsylvania
Media

Quote from Sarge
Its hard to say if you have potential from a few poor photos.
I cant even see what your hair is like correctly.
You need more (better) images and not just a few dark and poorly lit 'selfies'.
You just have a lot of the same images taken from the same angle with the same facial expression that don't really do you justice.
Ok, you do have one of some yellow tape and your neck, but this tells me absolutely nothing about what you are like and is better being a photographers photo than a models.
If I wanted to shoot a sunglasses shoot then yes you probably would have potential. But I wouldn't do 'just' a sunglasses shoot, I would want to do others too, so would pass you by and go for a more versatile model.

At the moment, from what I have seen you don't have potential. However, you are a handsome guy but need to show that you can do expressions (as that is all you have to offer being a head and shoulders type of model), so show some images with different expressions like serious, playfull, surprised etc....

Oh, and Jen if you fancy doing an elf shoot, I will provide the ears

I'm not sure if you read what i said earlier, but you basically gave me the same critique i gave myself lol.

Although it's not exact to my question it was a lot more helpful and on point than previous statements.

I do disagree about the hair, hair can be grown or cut, and styled.

I agree with the facial expressions and angles. It's hard to do that when you're taking pictures of yourself.
At least angle wise. Since i am a photographer 1st i like to SEE myself, how the lights hitting my face, the way my jaws angled, how my nose is angled, that my eyes stand out etc. These pix were taken with an iphone and some a Balckberry.

Again if you haven't read my previous points, i had said that i put these pix up to give a reference in hopes i would come across a photographer who did TFP so we could meet for MUTUAL portfolio benefits.

I would never send these pictures to a famous photographer, and throw a hissy fit if they never responded.
But i won't just have a random friend take a bunch of pictures of me that will look like EthoAprilis is a naughty person e either. Get me?

The truth is, hardly anyone has "sefies" that are taken this good an edited this good. So i use them as a beginners portfolio. Despite my lack of expression these are excellently taken, i do not look this good in person. I am a good photographer. People ask me all the time if i am a model, and comment how great i look and that is what i tell them.

So i'm def not egotistical!

As for the tape pic you are right. That is not a very good "modeling" pic. I put it up to show my Special FX Makeup skills and photography and editing skills.

Good eye.

Thanks for your feedback!

20 October 2013 02:19
barone
Photographer

Everyone has potential.....you just need to hook up with that one person who wants what you've got...
Next Model Day...23rd March 2014...http://purpleport.com/portfolio/angie...Interested?...Ask me for details.

Etho Aprilis is off-line
20 October 2013 02:26
EthoAprilis
Model

Pennsylvania
Media

Quote from barone
Everyone has potential.....you just need to hook up with that one person who wants what you've got...

Lol good answer. Everyone has potential in different ways. That last part is on the money though. Thanks for your feedback!

Thread locked by Purestorm Admin as the topic starter does not currently have an active portfolio

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Ashleighmckenzie Chloejade25 LunaDaze
Argentiq bbphotos colinpierce Dave@studio99 djb1 dorrian eyecandiphotography geoffmarchant GSC4X James7799 john_at_tina_spice Kjoservices lenscape marty55uk mauricesimagery mike0048 nik300 philippahh ron siclews stevegosh steveh32 thelook vapourtrail vincent Willjamieson