TF contract or not?

Chaz is off-line
20 September 2013 11:27
ChazPhotos
Photographer
ChazPhotos
Devon
Cullompton

Hi when doing Time For do you have a contract or just go by trust?

Mike is off-lineSilver Member
20 September 2013 12:08
M1KE
Photographer
M1KE
Cheshire
Chester

Quick answer: No contract.

Longer answer: What elements of the shoot are you looking to protect with your paper work? Reimbursement of your looses should the model no show or protection against the selling of your images to the mythical owner of a phantom publication for thousands of Monopoly £'s?
"Down with this sort of thing", "Careful now"

Ian Payne is off-line
20 September 2013 12:22
extra_mayo
Photographer
extra_mayo
Kent
Gillingham

If I cant put my trust in someone, I wont shoot

Simple as that.

Ian

Orson Carter is off-line
20 September 2013 15:44
orsoncarter
Photographer
orsoncarter
Somerset
near Frome

Trust..

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck

KHV is off-line
20 September 2013 17:44
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

Come on, you Keltica is a naughty person ed ?

Neil Anderson is off-line
20 September 2013 18:39
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Assuming that you have an agreement and consideration (modelling time and whatever the TF is) that is not illegal and both parties have the capacity to agree; you have a contract
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

21 September 2013 08:21
ScottishGeek
Photographer

Quote from stolenfaces
Assuming that you have an agreement and consideration (modelling time and whatever the TF is) that is not illegal and both parties have the capacity to agree; you have a contract

+1

Although one that is likely to cost more than it's worth to enforce if things go wrong. Trust that the contract will be fulfilled is therefore very important.
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." – Henri Cartier-Bresson

CSD Images is off-line
21 September 2013 11:19
CSD_Images
Photographer
CSD_Images
Grampian
Aberdeen

Contract, all sessions I undertake have terms and conditions therefore a contract exists between me and the client.

Even if I didn't have terms and conditions there is the expectation of performance and rendered services so a contract is in force regardless. Even an e-mail agreeing to turn up and provide a service is seen as a binding contract under UK law.
www.flickr.com/photos/csd_images | www.celticshadows.co.uk

Razoir is off-line
22 September 2013 06:30
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

Silly question.

You mean: written contract or verbal contract.
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

22 September 2013 08:18
gedimage
Photographer

If two people are not known to each other then safer to have a contract as you both have a reason for agreeing to shoot in the first place i dont do any image unless i can show it off myself . The model is going to want it good enough to show so she has a use so theirfore contract required
its not if the model or photographer gets paid but the use. You both wanted credited so to me any shoot should have paperwork without exception also after checking idea its another form of age

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
RoxyMendez
andygstudios anthonyh bbphotos Belemboo Clickrshots cliffc davejohn davkit djb1 flashbangwallop Funder005 grin2009 HarishPadalia JRFox Ladiesman Matt1988 mlp nemesis peterh Pmeswani poah redbaron rscott360 RupertRudd simpson_shoots sinimiphotography skymouse Thelfcdude888 thestarglider xposed zzdigital
Matt