Reminder Secure

More badly thought out useless stuff to add to the heap

Jonathan is off-line
21 August 2013 01:20
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

The thing is, I tend to buy things which seem to be such a good idea at the time and really useful to me - but once brought home I realise that they are not.

The latest example of this is an ultra violet insect electrocuter lamp thingy.

I bought it to 'zap' all of the flies in the house - then when I researched it on google, I found that it only attracts useful insects like moths and not things like 'house-flies'.

Any-one else bought some-thing which you thought would be useful but which actually wasn't I wonder ?

Relax, take it easy and float down-stream with the Sandy Camel

Moi is off-line
21 August 2013 01:38
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

Yep, bought a Nikon thinking it would produce better images than my little Kodak

Images are still crap, guess it was me that needed replacing frown
The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
21 August 2013 01:43
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from SandyCamel
Any-one else bought some-thing which you thought would be useful but which actually wasn't I wonder ?

I once, stupidly, bought a Marriage Licence ... it's only real use seemed to be as a contraceptive device.
Bob

Simon Young is off-lineSilver Member
21 August 2013 02:51
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Gloucestershire

Quote from SandyCamel
The thing is, I tend to buy things which seem to be such a good idea at the time and really useful to me - but once brought home I realise that they are not.

The latest example of this is an ultra violet insect electrocuter lamp thingy.

I bought it to 'zap' all of the flies in the house - then when I researched it on google, I found that it only attracts useful insects like moths and not things like 'house-flies'.

Noooo. I bought 2 of those!

In the "Information Age", continued ignorance must be a choice motivated initially through inherited beliefs.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
21 August 2013 03:37
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Anything that was a cheaper compromise instead of what I really wanted.

My biggest mistake (photographically) was buying a set of 3x Bowens Gemini 500 flash heads (~£1500 at the time), I should have paid the extra ~£200 for the 'Pro 750' versions.

Ditto with my Bowens Pulsar flash triggers (~£230 a pair) when I should have bitten the bullet and bought Pocket Wizards to begin with (~£320 a pair at the time).
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

13 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin Donna654321 ElleLaura Kaitlynlakenxxx paige_hendrix
bbphotos davidhunt diphoto Fluffypup George99 RenedeHaan VB_Photo viewphotographic