This thread is being watched by 1 person
Andy_B is off-lineSilver Member
30 June 2013 09:40
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
London
London

Kimphot - your knowledge of the law seems sketchy at best. 

Quote from kimphotLegally you don't need a contract: Commonsense, as far as I am concerned, dictates otherwise.

If you're paying money for goods/services rendered then you have a contract (actually, any "valuable consideration" - given will create a binding contract). This is something you're failing to grasp, and frankly your misunderstanding of that core principle undermines the rest of what you've written.

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
30 June 2013 10:09
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Quote from Chandos
How much more work she might have got from your youtube exposure. Maybe you should ask her to pay you commission? Vimeo is now so popular a google search is just as likely to reveal her no more than in youtube.

I did not know that vimo was that popular now.

But then I am not a big fan of video.

Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

Paul Jones is off-line
30 June 2013 10:18
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Quote from kimphot
It beggars belief that anyone should think hiring a model is in any way different!  What should happen is the model has a contract for the photographer to sign. Afterall, the model is the hirer and the photographer is the hiree and it should be the hirer that dictates the terms.

Are you sure that you have this the right way around?  I would imagine that it is more usual for the photographer to be the hirer (of the model's services).

Best regards
Paul

PS - You avoided answering my question in the 'River - I Need A Review' thread : http://www.purestorm.com/forum/readThread.aspx?id=263624&start=2

www.PaulJones.org (Glamour / Portraits / NSFW)

Simon Chan is off-line
30 June 2013 10:22
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

Quote from pinkbuildingphotography
I did not know that vimo was that popular now.

But then I am not a big fan of video.

It is now. They compresses videos but not nearly as bad as youtube therefore tend to be more popular with indie filmmakers.

Brian Jones is off-line
01 July 2013 04:21
kimphot
Photographer
kimphot
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Paul Jones: in the instance of a photographer paying a model, the photographer "hires in" a service a model "hire out" a service. Your PS has been answered in the correct place.

Andy B: You're absolutely correct. however, as we were talking about releases, a written document, I thought that the word "written" was implied and was not necessary to precede the word "contract". But whether a contract is verbal or written the same criteria apply.

1 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
woody