JSP is off-linePlatinum Member
10 June 2013 06:14
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

A bit of honest fun….

I think it's safe to say that we photographers have all done it at some point. Yes I'm referring to that embarrassing moment when the model is waiting patiently on your
instructions while you try and figure out what's wrong with your camera; finally she utters those dreaded words "Your lens cap is still on."

Personally, I can recall at least two occasions when this particular embarrassment has happened to me.

No way do I think I'm the only plonker this has happened to. Has it happened to you, and if so, how many times??

I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
10 June 2013 06:24
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I bent over once to adjust the power on my flash generator only to let out an almighty great fart (while stood about 3' from the model).
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Paul Hodson is off-line
10 June 2013 06:37
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from RedChecker
I bent over once to adjust the power on my flash generator only to let out an almighty great fart (while stood about 3' from the model).

It you had lit a match it would have really  been a flash generator! smiley
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

10 June 2013 07:05
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Not that many but I did once say "ok, turn around, take the knickers off and lets see what springs to mind".

It sounded MUCH more creative in my head.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Ratana Rose is off-line
10 June 2013 07:19
RattusRock
Model
RattusRock
County Durham
durham

yep, the lens cap one I always automatically put it back on and then forget

also my shutter jamming (happens all the time) makes me look stupid as I stand there going 'sorry, sorry, stupid camera, sorry'

Paul Hodson is off-line
10 June 2013 07:22
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from RattusRock
yep, the lens cap one I always automatically put it back on and then forget also my shutter jamming (happens all the time) makes me look stupid as I stand there going 'sorry, sorry, stupid camera, sorry'

It's a damn sight less embarrassing with a SLR than with a  rangefinder camera when you only find out when you have the film processed! 

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Mansell is off-line
10 June 2013 08:43
Mansell
Photographer
Mansell
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

During a short break from shooting, whilst casually chatting to the model, I sat on the end of the bed only for the end couple of wooden slats to give way beneath me ending up with my arse on the floor with legs and arms in the air.
The digital camera is a great invention because it allows us to reminisce. Instantly.

Rupert Rudd is off-line
10 June 2013 08:48
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

When the answer to my query was, "oh, it's my tampax string, hang on a 'mo whilst I fix it".
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
10 June 2013 09:36
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

I could not get my camera to work.

Only to realise that I had turned done something to the aperture ring. Therefore it the camera would not play with the pre digital lense. It took me some to work this out whilst two models were laughing at me.
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

Razoir is off-line
10 June 2013 09:56
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

I had an agreement with a couple of strippers that I would shoot some promo shots for them and they would do some art nude for me. All went well until I reset the lights for the arty stuff. I went out of the room to turn out the room lights and came back in. Only to bang my knee on the corner of a wooden chest and go arse over tit. Lying on the ground uttering magic mantras along the lines of, "oh, gosh the perversity of inanimate objects", and "I say, isn't pain an interesting phenomenon?" when I looked up at two naked blondes, standing over me. One said sweetly, "Is there anything you would like us to do?"

I was in so much pain that I said "No"!
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura QueenDeeVa01
anochecer bbphotos bradder chicimages david1500 dorrian Essexjohn GSC4X Hugh joolsy JRFox keltica lazeeboy Matt1988 monochromeset philippahh picusio redbaron rscott360 stevegosh sultanrahi5566 Vltavakrtek whitepython