Batch porssesing in Photoshop

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Brian Southam Photography is off-line
05 June 2013 15:27
Brian2008
Photographer

Buckinghamshire
High Wycombe

I using CS6 on Windows 7 64 bit PC! When i try to do a batch proses Photoshops dose save the images you have to hit the return bottom! Also when i try to put a water mark on it it resizes the text!

Any ides please who to sort it?

Thanks
Brian

Anth is off-line
06 June 2013 01:56
1884photo
Photographer

West Yorkshire
Wakefield

Just scrap it and use Lightroom instead!!

KHV is off-line
06 June 2013 03:19
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

Brian, it's very difficult to actually know what you are doing.

One assumes you are using an action which you have created, so therefore it would be your action that is wrong, so you need to do more research on that, and as for putting on a "watermark" why would you?

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
06 June 2013 03:31
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Faststone Photo Resizer is the best thing ever for adding watermarks (and it's free)
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Paul Riddell is off-line
07 June 2013 04:25
riddell
Photographer
riddell
Hertfordshire
berkhamsted

Almost certainly a problem somewhere in your action. Just go through it manually and look for your mistakes.

Paul.
www.photographybyriddell.co.uk
www.photographybyriddell.co.uk

Claypaws is onlineGold Member
07 June 2013 11:39
Claypaws
Photographer

North Yorkshire

1. Tick "Override Action Save As commands"

2. Text size relative to image depends on: point size of text; ppi of image

i.e. text is sized so that it prints at the chosen point size when the file's ppi is applied

My comments relate to an earlier version of Photoshop but I doubt that Adobe have changed this basic function.

07 June 2013 12:47
paulbatterbury
Photographer

I am not sure if Light room batch processes, I could be wrong, but I think Photoshop is better to use for this, plus you already have it.

I simply do is copy the watermark to the clipboard as a layer, (select all and copy).
Then during the batch process I have a paste operation that will paste it on the photo is the same size and the watermark layer.

It does mean that you have to have a pixel on the other size off you image, so the layer has the height and width, and phase it out a little and no one will know, if you don’t your watermark comes up in the centre of your image, and that is not good.

This does mean you can’t copy and paste during the batch process.

I use this method 3 times a week, every week for website content, so many images, so tried and tested method.
Kind Regards Paul http://www.paul-batterbury.com

Mike Distras is off-line
07 June 2013 13:31
mikedistras
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
mikedistras
West Yorkshire
Leeds / Wakefield

Quote from RedChecker
Faststone Photo Resizer is the best thing ever for adding watermarks (and it's free)

I agree, use Faststone.
I use it for watermarking and batch resizing
http://www.distrasdesigns.com photographer and web designer

Chaz is off-line
16 June 2013 11:26
ChazPhotos
Photographer
ChazPhotos
Devon
Cullompton

For me I have an action for my watermark and then I batch with tools/photoshop/Image Processor here you can set all you need to batch all the images in one go.
Output JPG, TIFF and PSD
You can resize and set colour space plus your actions for watermarking.
all output into their own folder, leaving your RAW as was.
I take it you know and might have a action for watermarking.

Brian Southam Photography is off-line
16 June 2013 13:05
Brian2008
Photographer

Buckinghamshire
High Wycombe

Thanks for you help guys!
It very fun the first thing i do is resize the images and CS^ stops and i have to save manual? But in Photoshop 6 (yes it old but it work) dose it OK?

14 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Ana45 DanielleWx LunaDaze RoxyMendez
Belemboo claypaws cliffc firsttake gerry99111 GGDP_Photography Jack_Ryan nemesis peterh skymouse