This thread is being watched by 1 person
Skymouse is onlineGold Member
06 May 2013 16:55
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

• Photographers who offer models or clients a more competitive or less traditional deal than I do are devaluing photography itself!
  • Models who sometimes do some type of work with a small subset of photographers (not including me) but don't fully disclose it as a work preference are hypocrits!
  • Models must do TFCD for a suitable length of time before accepting payment!
  • It's ok for a model to receive money, and it's ok for a model to receive images, but any combination of the two is an outrage!
  • Any model who requests or offers something which doesn't suit me is making unreasonable — and probably illegal — demands!
  • People shouldn't be able to choose for themselves whether to be called "amateur" or "professional" on something as flimsy as their own awareness of their employment status: it can only be reliably decided only by a panel of Forum regulars by scrutinising their online profile!
  • The word "tog" conveys an insult so profound that nobody has ever dared break the taboo and say what it is!

Have I forgotten anything?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

Chris Corbin is off-line
06 May 2013 17:29
corbystock
Photographer
corbystock
Hampshire
New Milton

Any model or photographer thinking about charging for their service should write a letter to the PM to make sure beyond any doubt that the whole country knows they WILL be paying tax.
There is a chance that everything I just said is complete bollocks

Skymouse is onlineGold Member
06 May 2013 17:50
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

Oh yeah, I forgot that one
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

06 May 2013 17:57
Tansy_Blue
Model

I love this thread.
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
06 May 2013 18:21
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

All photographers should declare how much they've spent on equipment

All models should declare how much they've spent on bus tickets, train tickets, clothing, health and beauty products, low fat food..........

Shoots should only be organised between models and photographers who've spent the same money.
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Gerry is off-line
06 May 2013 19:44
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Models / photographers must without fail open all emails within 24 hours of receipt and post a suitably detailed letter of response within 48 hours or have their accounts terminated forthwith

Professional photographers of over 30 years experience shooting pooches and / or weddings should never be refused a TF shoot as a respect of their years behind the camera

Models who charge different rates for nudity are strippers and should be forced to charge one rate [the lowest] only
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Paul Hodson is off-line
07 May 2013 00:39
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Anyone who is a semi-pro takes better pictures than an amateur.

Anyone who is a pro is more trustworthy than an amateur
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

JackR is off-line
07 May 2013 00:45
Jack_Russell
Photographer
Jack_Russell
West Midlands
Burntwood

Models should charge by how many acres of skin they show, not by ability or experience.

Photographers should forsake all thoughts of feeding their families and paying their bills in order to provide their services for free.

It is unreasonable for photographers to moan when models edit their work and slap them on Facebook as their profile pictures.

It is acceptable for a model to expect all 500 unedited images on a CD before she leaves the shoot, this includes paid shoots.

Photographers should not question the models travel fees of £130 although she has only come 20 miles by bus.

Fake tan should range from Tango to creosote, be mandatory, and accepted as part of the models personality.

Photographers should be allowed to quote midcentury American photographers as sources of inspiration in the same way models quote Jordan.

Internet forum trolls should be considered Godlike and have the final word on everything.

Henry is off-lineSilver Member
07 May 2013 01:51
Henry_Artist
Photographer
Henry_Artist
Lancashire
Blackpool

Quote from Jack_Russell
...Fake tan should range from Tango to creosote, be mandatory, and accepted as part of the models personality...

Extra bonus points should be awarded if the model achieves a mottled effect as this is obviously much harder to do than just having a plain overall colour and thus represents a higher skill level.

It is also perfectly reasonable for photographers to expect models to work for free purely because they (the photographer) own a camera made by Leica, Hasselblad, Sinar, Cambo, Arca-Swiss or have spent more than £10,000 on a camera and have lenses for it made by Zeiss, Rodenstock, Schneider-Kreuznach, etc.

I may as well do it. I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

EdT is off-line
07 May 2013 04:43
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

Photographers should refuse to pay any model who has worked TFCD with another photographer.

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Carliegomez24 DanielleWx Kerrylou mandymack missbrook RoxyMendez Vellocet
ad360photo Beemer2009 Blancho copperbronze duncanjames funky HarishPadalia John_Adrian_Studios Mike103 pandaface read RichardJohnPhotograp riddell rossiter Scotography skymouse Spiritofwales TinDolls zzdigital
Discretion