Thanks
Jon

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
06 May 2013 15:32
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Had an extended 'play' with 6D belonging to a friend. Quite petite and light ( the camera) battery grip would be helpful for bigger hands. Aspect ratio of the screen variable, interesting, not sure vital. Quick look at a few images at various ISO's looked fine. Canon seem to be going towards the Toyota of the camera world, works well, pretty reliable, not risky or over ambitious, maybe what you want in a camera. 20Mp plenty enough IMHO , sometimes wonder how many 800E's only have images posted on web?
Seems like a pretty good camera.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
06 May 2013 15:47
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I've upgraded from a 1DsII and 5D (mk1), it's very nice.

My only gripe is the lack of joystick to control the AF points.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

www.jonathantennantphotography.co.uk is off-lineSilver Member
06 May 2013 15:54
jonathantennant
Photographer

Surrey
chertsey

I like the little joystick lol. I actually think its good and unsure why the 6d hasn't got it

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
07 May 2013 01:49
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

You can use the joystick-type thing in the middle of the main control dial on the back but it's not very precise, certainly selecting diagonal focus points is a bitch.

Another gripe is the sync speed of 1/160th which is somewhat restrictive. Use this camera with cheap triggers and cheap flash and you may have to go down to stupidly low shutter speeds to sync correctly (I had to do this a couple of weeks ago using old Bowens heads and cheap Yongnuo triggers, as a result the modelling lamps were partially visible in the results)

The built-in WIFI is superb if you have an iPad. I was shooting some promo images for a tattoo artist friend of mine the other day and they were loving seeing the instant feedback in the iPad display.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

mick  is off-line
08 May 2013 11:33
mr_mick
Photographer

West Midlands
west bromwich

It Don't work with pocket wizards or so I believe

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Ashleighmckenzie Chloejade25 LunaDaze
ajsphotography Argentiq bbphotos colinpierce djb1 dorrian eyecandiphotography frankfoto geoffmarchant GSC4X James7799 john_at_tina_spice Kjoservices lenscape mauricesimagery mike0048 nik300 ron rscott360 siclews stevegosh steveh32 thelook vapourtrail vincent Willjamieson