Reminder Secure

Motor insurance "No Claims"

Simon Chan is off-line
03 May 2013 17:05
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

Got my letter of renewal the other day. It went up by a significant amount so I decide to get a online quote from another insurer, I notice the letter says I have 9 years NCD but the last time I claimed was in february 2003 and on that same year my premium from May 2003-May 2004 I lost my NCD. I worked out as of May 2013 I should have 10years NCD not 9years. Am I correct or not?
BTW I did changed insurer in 2007 but that shouldnt matter.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
03 May 2013 17:18
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

I have been helping a model friend sort out her insurance over the last few days. It seems that all the online sites she tried, plus a couple of the direct sites I suggested might be cheaper, now finish at [9 years or more] or [9+ years]. She too has 10 years NCD.
Bob

Simon Chan is off-line
03 May 2013 17:20
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

Not with Admiral. There is £50 different for me between 9yrs NCD and 10yrs NCD. I thought I had build up 10yrs or have I not?

Neil Anderson is off-line
03 May 2013 17:22
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Different insurers have different maximum no claims that they discount for, so they may not list more than their maximum on the renewal. I've never been offered any more discount for anything over 9 years no claims.

Why don't you ask them ?
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Simon Chan is off-line
03 May 2013 17:29
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

Quote from stolenfaces
Different insurers have different maximum no claims that they discount for, so they may not list more than their maximum on the renewal. I've never been offered any more discount for anything over 9 years no claims.

Why don't you ask them ?

I've done it online, difference was £50 between 9 and 10 years. Admiral offer upto 15yrs NCD. I'm with Hastings maybe their max is 9 years but they use to be 6 years. Oh well I will take a shot and say I have 10yrs NCD.

03 May 2013 17:45
Buddygb
Photographer

I have 24 years no claims but they don't all count

B.
Currently seeking new and interesting TF collaborations. B.

04 May 2013 01:07
ScottishGeek
Photographer

Insurance no-claims is odd at best. When I insured my Mustang all the insurance company was interested in was did I have more than ONE year NCD! The fact I had many times that made no difference.

In your case though, as it appears to make a difference, then you could clarify what exactly you have from your current insurer.
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." – Henri Cartier-Bresson

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
04 May 2013 17:57
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Quote from Buddygb
I have 24 years no claims but they don't all count  B.

I have 35 years no claims and they don't all count either

It was broken when I got here

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
jonnywoo Njsphotography woody