Reminder Secure

This thread is being watched by 1 person
04 April 2013 12:24

thanks for your comments

06 April 2013 14:30

My agency have just started signing plus-sized models (Spirit Model Management) because a few months ago, they posted a casting for size 16-18 girls and didn't have many on their books. I invited a coupe of my friends to apply (size 16 and 18 respectively) and they were signed.  
They were looking for experienced models with an established portfolio, but there is work out there I believe. 
They aren't too bothered about age either because myself and one of my friends are both over 30. 

08 April 2013 13:38

Hi there SJ. I thought I would say hello as I'm also a new BBW (Although I hate this term) and new to Pure storm.
I think we share some similarities in regards finding agencies with our height and measurements. I'm a little taller and a dress size smaller (I'm also quite local to you too). BUUUUUT it's not all doom and gloom, in the past I was approached by a modelling agency,all I needed was a good portfolio and I would be on their books. They refereed me to one of their best photographers to get a complete package and a good varied port. I was a student at the time and couldn't afford to spend hundreds of £'s on getting a varied wardrobe as well as the prints. So I politely and respectfully declined their lovely offer.
I hope that little story brings some hope in finding a good local agency. I'm doing modelling for the love and fun of it now. It's something I enjoy and if a agency comes along again then that's brilliant (and hopefully this time I might have a portfolio already). If not then hey ho.
All the best with your portfolio SJ, and if you ever want to keep in touch with another fairly local plus size model feel free to send me a message

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmandaEdwards AnnThompson ElleLaura rachelkate RoxyMendez Sammy_Louise Tashaholz Tomkay
AaronKent Chris_Mansfield cliffc Double13 eosfan gadzooks2 gperl gwentman Ladiesman Mattcairns mlp pauldsmart penfold10 PhilStorm poah Rupert Smoking_Allowed steveh32 Thunder_Photos VB_Photo visualtwo