HowardJ is off-line
17 November 2013 07:19
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from mph
Well I only have the 5D Mk 1 so I'm keeping in step! I used the Fuji on location for a model shoot and it was OK but the slower focussing in a studio is trickier. Best to use a larger focussing area and if shooting at f8 or something similar, switch to manual focus, turn on focus peeking, and then just get into the right zone and fire away, you have a big enough depth of field to not worry about nailing the eyeball with the focus point each time and its much faster to keep shooting.

Fortunately the x-e2 has PDAF as well as contract detection, so it focuses very well. I've tried it in darkish ambient light conditions at f2.8 and f8 and it's locked first time. Focus wise it seems to performs about as well my 5D.

38 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexa_Fierce92 chosin DareMeDD ElleLaura
ad360photo bbphotos Brian2008 carshaltonkev Chris_Mansfield ChrisD Development digitalmood dirkus donaldmac Essexjohn hylander iDubai2018 Kimily Kjoservices Look_Sharp maozhu Mike103 mlp modelimaging monochromeset nigel peteb poah Rhadamanthus rod_m99 Shootonlocation siclews stephenmuddell stevegosh steveh32 thelook usha13 zzdigital