some branches of jessops to re-open

Paul Hodson is off-line
29 March 2013 08:31
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Their prices seem to vary from the competitive - to not!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Peter Bailey is off-line
29 March 2013 11:13
bailey_p
Photographer
bailey_p
Cheshire
Manchester

[ merged ]

Camera chain Jessops re-opens two months after closing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21970531

Camera chain Jessops has re-opened two of its stores just a couple of months after going into administration in January with the closure of 187 branches.

The branches in London and Birmingham are part of a £4m investment.

The collapsed High Street brand was bought by a group including entrepreneur and Dragons' Den TV star, Peter Jones.

Mr Jones said: "I think it's a great day for British retail."

He told the BBC that "the main reason why I think it's going to be successful is that it's going to be a lower overhead base, lower cost."

The chain will have just 30 to 40 stores across the country and his aim is for customers to get products for the same price as online.

Paul Hodson is off-line
29 March 2013 11:17
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

http://www.purestorm.com/forum/readThread.aspx?id=259667
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

OldMaster is off-line
29 March 2013 11:33
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

Yes...St Albans!!

Unbelievable, it was like deja vu. It definitely wasn't open yesterday but today, all stocked out, staffed and actually looks exactly like it did before they closed. The staff said 6 had opened today. Must have worked all night.

Part of me wants it to succeed, not that I ever buy anything in there..I can get it cheaper on line (will they keep their price promise?) and don't need to talk with someone who only has partial product knowledge. I guess if I still used film I would be celebrating!

Anthonygh is off-line
30 March 2013 04:04
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Anyone checked out their web prices? It will be interesting to see if they have brought web prices up to general high street prices rather than the other way round. And if they will match other web prices.

As to what stores open...if I were Peter Jones I would be looking at previous sales records and target those areas where the shops were profitable. I'd also have some staff incentive scheme so wages were partly related to how well the shop as a whole did.

I'd be very fussy about who I appointed as shop managers and then give them a fair degree of autonomy in how they run the shop.

Matthew G is off-line
30 March 2013 18:55
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

An example : Canon 6D Body - Jessops - £1599, Wex - £1599 Ebay shop new in UK - £1269 BUT the first two have £100 cashback. That makes them around 10% more expensive than eBay for a canon UK warranty. he prices are definitely getting a lot closer with Canon helping the poor exchange rate in the UK a little. Jessios are a little silly though as they forget to tell you about the Canon cashback where as WEX are advertising their prices including it!

Anthonygh is off-line
30 March 2013 20:51
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Anyone used Jessops printing paper?.....that does look like a real bargain; and as I recall, their paper came from a reputable UK source....that they were not allowed to publish!

17 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Carliegomez24 Katieann1
AaronKent dby47 George99 GlasgowPhotographer ianscales jccj1 Kjoservices liteangle nickdandalos Platidonio redbaron skymouse Spiritofwales stevegosh Thunder_Photos