Music Photographer Steve Gullick Exhibition

Paul Thompson is off-linePlatinum Member
21 March 2013 13:14
Biggles485
Photographer
Biggles485
Hampshire
Fareham

My daughter's band Savages are currently on tour in the States but are keen to support Legendary music photographer and friend of Savages Steve Gullick who has a new exhibition in London and this exciting short documentary about him : http://vimeo.com/m/61607832

Having watched with interest thought others on this site might also be interested. Paul
When going through Hell don't stop!

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
22 March 2013 19:52
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Interesting short - thanks for posting - his closing comments show how times have changed in many respects from the old free for all mosh pit days to the '10 minutes no flash' rules that now seem abundant at gigs.
It was broken when I got here

Paul Thompson is off-linePlatinum Member
23 March 2013 08:12
Biggles485
Photographer
Biggles485
Hampshire
Fareham

Comes across with a real passion for his art, knowing when not to have a camera and just being human sums it up. His choice of a 20mm lens is interesting when everyone these days seem to be using "long toms"! Watching him in his darkroom makes me think I should be making more use of mine
When going through Hell don't stop!

Neil Anderson is off-line
23 March 2013 09:08
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

He is obviously not taking pics at a corporate venue with a photo pit with a 20mm lens.
There are plenty of venues where you can still fight with the crowd to get photos and there are no silly restrictions, and if you turn up with a 70-200 you look like a total prick.

This does require some knowledge of new bands rather than just photographing bands that record companies are backing with loads of cash (and limiting people photographing them to protect their investment).

This guy's good pictures (in the video) seem to ne off-stage publicity shots. Although his presentation (borders) look nice, I don't think his live shots would be of special interest if they weren't of Nirvana. Punk ?? Not really.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

8 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
michellehush
Davie46 gerry99111 gwentman James7799 rscott360 thelynchfella tonycsm