Reminder Secure

Nikon D600 Please Help!!

Stefan Schiefer is off-line
20 March 2013 16:38
stefanschiefer
Photographer

South Yorkshire

I purchased a d600 just before the holidays and have not nothing but bother with the dust issue

I've been in contact with nikon on numerous occasions and they only offer to take the camera off me for 4-6 weeks to "clean it"

I cant afford to not have a camera for 4-6 weeks but also cant afford to purchase a secondary body

Has anyone else faced the same issues or have any advise?

thank you in advance

Stefan

20 March 2013 17:04
N_A_Photography
Photographer

By law if they take the camera off you and you lose work within this time due to this problem with the camera you can claim for consequential loses

Send head office a letter stating the camera problem and then state that you want consequencial loses you will need to provide proof of bookings and lose of earnings

Make sure you send recorded delivery and state 10 day response or legal action will be taken otherwise they will N_A_Photography is a naughty person you about

Hope that helps sorry I can't help with the actual fixing problem hope you get it sorted

:-)

Edit: Letter needs to be sent to retailer
WWW.NIKKALAADES.COM

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
21 March 2013 07:48
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

Someone at Nikon is being overly cautious, I've sent back 4-5 items this year to them including 2 cameras for full service not one item has taken more than 2 weeks, I have to say though on each occasion it felt longer!

Dominic

Geoff Hiles is off-linePlatinum Member
21 March 2013 08:11
Studio1
Photographer
Studio1
Lincolnshire
Scunthorpe

Reference the trader being responsible is correct but there might be an issue if the camera was bought or used for a business, The sale of goods to the best of my knowledge may not cover the advice given if business use. Also if used for a business the trader / manufacturer might deem it that a photographer would always have a back camera. Another problem could also be if the camera has an inerrant fault or the problem is a user one. The legal situation can sometimes be very difficult to resolve.

Regards. Geoff. (Studio1)

Neil Anderson is off-line
21 March 2013 08:33
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

It's clearly a bit of a paradox if the camera is 'not fit for purpose' under the sale of goods act, but you can't afford to be without it for x weeks because you are still earning money with it.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Razoir is off-line
21 March 2013 15:07
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

Quote from stolenfaces
It's clearly a bit of a paradox if the camera is 'not fit for purpose' under the sale of goods act, but you can't afford to be without it for x weeks because you are still earning money with it.

Indeed. I would be very careful how you word your complaint.
If is useable commercialy, it is not unfit for purpose.

Take it back to the shop. Demad a refund and buy something else.
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

Geoff Hiles is off-linePlatinum Member
21 March 2013 17:37
Studio1
Photographer
Studio1
Lincolnshire
Scunthorpe

This is getting out of hand. Demanding a refund could cause the trader who sold the camera to be difficult as a customer does not have a right to demand anything. If  the goods are for a consumer use and not trade use then are covered by the Sale of Goods Act but the trader might feel that after the length of time since purchased that the camera is indeed repairable within a reasonable time factor which is like asking how long a piece of string is.

If the trader who sold the camera feels that is was purchased for trade / business use then things could get difficult and a repair may be all that is offered at the best.

So always tread carefully and think before storming in and trying to demand anything unless you are sure of your facts. Traders as well as customers do have certain rights and if the trader feels he is being threatened by a demanding customer he could get advice himself from Trading Standards.  This then could course allsorts of delays as to whether the camera was faulty when purchased of if something could have caused the camera problem due to its use etc.
Regards. Geoff. (Studio1)

Laurence Power is off-line
21 March 2013 18:36
LaurenceJPower
Photographer
LaurenceJPower
Surrey
Esher

Another problem might be Nikon determining that the D600 is not suitable for professional use. Certainly as a Nikon professional there is a limited range of kit that I can claim professional service on.
Laurence J. Power

Laurence Power is off-line
21 March 2013 18:37
LaurenceJPower
Photographer
LaurenceJPower
Surrey
Esher

Another problem might be Nikon determining that the D600 is not suitable for professional use. Certainly as a Nikon professional there is a limited range of kit that I can claim professional service on.
Laurence J. Power

Neil Anderson is off-line
21 March 2013 18:47
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from LaurenceJPower

http://www.europe-nikon.com/en_GB/pro/Pro_NPU.page?

The D600 is listed as a pro body
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

6 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs Hann
nickdandalos PDCPhotos Thunder_Photos TimatAwe