Reminder Secure

Social Networking Site Ettiquete

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
18 February 2013 15:01
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

When adding someone on facebook I will send a short email message introducing myself and letting the other person know who I am.

However most people do not seem to do this.

I find it rude.  I have also put profile notes on my page saying don't do this.

I however will not add someone unless:

1. I know who they are ie I recognise them and have spoken to them before
2. They have sent me an intro email.

However many people are still adding me without a polite email (2 lines saying Hi I am xxx and I am a photographer, MUA or model  and want to be your friend on facebook).

Is it the case that on Facebook it is ok to randomely add people.

I have left a group because of this and it is still happening.
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

Profile Pictures is off-line
18 February 2013 15:09
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Sheesh. Are you typing this whilst stood on a kitchen chair with your skirt pulled up and shrieking?

Andy_B is off-lineSilver Member
18 February 2013 15:27
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
London
London

Andy is off-line
18 February 2013 15:35
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

If you are looking for old world formalities where you get a two page formal introduction letter, then you need to close your account and look elsewhere
lets get shootin

Andy is off-line
18 February 2013 15:46
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

"Is it the case that on Facebook it is ok to randomely add people."

it would appear so from the number of disciplinary's i have carried out at work from employees who treat facebook friends as ermmm...real friends ! and give away company freebies designed for real friends/family, it seems facebook friends cant be trusted to not sell on said freebies on ebay against company policy

Q, is ***** a friend of yours
A, yes
Q, did you give them *******
A, yes
Q, they appear to have now sold ******* on ebay. our security team actually bought it back ! can you explain ?
A, i cant believe they sold them on ebay !
Q how well do you know ******* from *******
A is that their name and location ?......i dont really know them that well, they are my friends on facebook
Q do you have a lot of friends on facebook ?
A Oh yes i have over a thousand FRIENDS on FB.....................................................(and probably about 5 in real life !)
lets get shootin

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
18 February 2013 16:35
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

Quote from profilepictures
Sheesh. Are you typing this whilst stood on a kitchen chair with your skirt pulled up and shrieking?

S**t where's the like button.

Neil Anderson is off-line
18 February 2013 20:16
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

If you don't know them why don't you just refuse them, or leave them in limbo
It depends what you're trying to get out of Facebook really and only you know that.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Asian_amy_Latina ayaphilips ElleLaura MissCaraJane pinklilly RoxyMendez tangoed06 VictoriaClaire zavego
AndiCallen andygstudios dby47 digartlondon ElegantCaptures James7799 Jobe joolsy JRFox Ludapix Matt1988 mlp modelboutique parafotos Platidonio redbaron Rob77 rsg7500 shootsyou
kerandastudio2 photo39