Models TF demands...

NWPP is off-line
28 January 2013 12:57
NWPP
Photographer
NWPP
Kent
Sittingbourne

Is it just me or are models TF demands becoming more unreasonable?

Just seen a post that is asking for contribution to the studio, 15 to 30 edited images and they are dictating the shoot and when its to take place?

Does anyone else see this as unreasonable and more to the point... would anyone here actually put their services forward for this?

Or am I being unreasonable?

Nigel

Cheers Big Nige.

28 January 2013 13:02
snapychapy
Photographer

No. You are not alone. I am staggered at the wording/demands of some of these so- called tfcd shoots. The phrase' give an inch.....'

28 January 2013 13:05
Aesthetique
Photographer

Quote from NWPP

If model's requirements become "unreasonable" they will either get no takers or alternatively the quality of the photographers applying will diminish. It's not a problem; supply and demand will take care of it. It may function as a opportunity for a less experienced photographer with limited means to get some valuable additions to his portfolio. 

Missie is off-line
28 January 2013 13:08
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

I've never split studio costs but everyone I work with has their own. So not sure what the usual etiquette is - but I thought photographers usually end up paying that so the fact she's offering sets her apart.

Based on the fact youd save money there I don't think her image requests are too bad.
"[Toni] has a short fuse when it comes to stupidity"

KHV is online
28 January 2013 13:08
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

They soon evaporate like mist on warm glass. Bye, bye.....

28 January 2013 13:13
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from Missie0290
Based on the fact youd save money there I don't think her image requests are too bad.

15-30 sounds quite unreasonable and, really, indicative of a model with no clue. If a model is more bothered about getting 24 mediocre images than 4 fantastic ones, it says all you need to know about them and their demands.

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Neil Anderson is off-line
28 January 2013 13:17
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from NWPP

Just seen a post that is asking for contribution to the studio, 15 to 30 edited images and they are dictating the shoot and when its to take place?

Does anyone else see this as unreasonable and more to the point... would anyone here actually put their services forward for this?

Or am I being unreasonable?

Nigel

If you want to shoot the model you have to decide whether you are interested in her terms or negotiate.
If you're not interested why would you care ?

So you are being unreasonable in posting here about a matter which is essentially bi-lateral.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Missie is off-line
28 January 2013 13:19
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

When I've done tf its been 10 - 15. Oh I don't know. I don't think it matters. If you don't think its a good 'deal' then don't take it.
"[Toni] has a short fuse when it comes to stupidity"

Matt Harper is off-line
28 January 2013 13:53
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

Quote from Socialdisaster
15-30 sounds quite unreasonable and, really, indicative of a model with no clue. If a model is more bothered about getting 24 mediocre images than 4 fantastic ones, it says all you need to know about them and their demands.

Absolutely.
I do NOT give out CDs with all images unedited, never on a TF shoot, the only time is if someone is paying for this.
I say that from a day, there will be ten to twelve edited images of their choice, but I tell them I may not do one or two if I don't want them being used. 
The second a model starts saying she wants more, the negotiations end, it is really that simple.  
Some images take fifteen minutes, some, that I might really like, could take an hour, possibly more if I am in one of those fussy moods, but to be honest, when that is the case, it is my decision to spend that amount of time on one shot.  From that, one can conclude I might on average have between four and ten hours work to edit the chosen ones.  So, we'll cal that a day, plus the day shooting, two days work. If that isn't enough from me for a model to be happy, they can politely go somewhere else, I am sure they will get just as good a selection of images to use.   For personal reasons, I have even cut that amount down, I am looking now at probably two edited shots per set. 

As some will know from previous forum encounters, I don't pay travel either. It is simple, if someone wants images from me, it is their choice, they don't have to come to me, which deeply offends some people. 

Neil Anderson is off-line
28 January 2013 14:03
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from mattharper
Absolutely.

I do NOT give out CDs with all images unedited, never on a TF shoot, the only time is if someone is paying for this.

I say that from a day, there will be ten to twelve edited images of their choice, but I tell them I may not do one or two if I don't want them being used. 

The second a model starts saying she wants more, the negotiations end, it is really that simple.  

Some images take fifteen minutes, some, that I might really like, could take an hour, possibly more if I am in one of those fussy moods, but to be honest, when that is the case, it is my decision to spend that amount of time on one shot.  From that, one can conclude I might on average have between four and ten hours work to edit the chosen ones.  So, we'll cal that a day, plus the day shooting, two days work. If that isn't enough from me for a model to be happy, they can politely go somewhere else, I am sure they will get just as good a selection of images to use.   For personal reasons, I have even cut that amount down, I am looking now at probably two edited shots per set. 

As some will know from previous forum encounters, I don't pay travel either. It is simple, if someone wants images from me, it is their choice, they don't have to come to me, which deeply offends some people. 

Well don't reply to the casting then ! You do what you choose and whilst people are happy to work with you on your terms, that's fine isn't it.
I can't see why you and the OP care what other people choose to offer or bid.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Kitty_1 md2017 Sarahlou73 tangoed06
a24udi alanbassettphotography arterotica Auctioneer Davidhunt dorrian draken gwentman Hioctane Ian123 ignite jamesboswell keltica Kjoservices laveravista lester2705 modelboutique redbaron snapper47 Steveharratt Swyftie Wildcanyon