If they attack one of us they attack us all

SimonB is off-lineGold Member
15 June 2012 04:46
DaseinPhoto
Photographer
DaseinPhoto
Essex
Epping

Schoolgirl, PS denizen or Don Mcullin - censorship is censorship.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18454800

I got the secret to happiness from the back of a bleach bottle - "Stand upright in a cool place"

Peter Hague is off-line
15 June 2012 05:02
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Whilst it is private property and they can do as they wish, it does smack as overbearing on something that is just a young girls project, something she'd have probably lost interest in soon, as most bloggers do.

But councillors are particularly noted for their stupidity, so it doesn't surprise me one bit. I'm surprised they didn't thow 'paedophiles' and 'terrorism' in as reasons for their decision.
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

D.O.M. is off-line
15 June 2012 05:19
BoudoirNE
Photographer
BoudoirNE
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne

Views are going up 2 - 3 per second the council involved is going to be very worried

Havoc is off-line
15 June 2012 05:22
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisaster
West Sussex
Brighton

I love how she drew her food when she didn't have her camera.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

David Heels is off-line
15 June 2012 06:01
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Just heard the headmaster on Radio 4 say he's changed his mind and the young girl can continue photographing and rating her school dinners. (Which has got to be better than eating them)

A victory for common sense.

Dave

rootofsilence is off-line
15 June 2012 06:27
rootofsilence
Photographer

Somerset

And the donations to her 'just giving' page have shot up - £5000 in the last half hour to a total now just short of 24k

Peter Hague is off-line
15 June 2012 06:42
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from Crippen
 A victory for common sense. Dave

It shouldn't need a public outcry for common sense to prevail, but the people making this decision should at least have the balls to see it through, rather than just changing their mind when things get a bit tough, emaphasising what a weak and pointless decision it was to begin with. 

These councillors have been beaten by a little girl. Some resignations are in order. I guess they won't want to jump off that particular gravy train, though.
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
15 June 2012 06:48
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

As reported in the Daily Record. Never lets the truth get in the way of a good headline
"Well, it's one for the money... Two for the show... Three to get ready... Now go, cat, go!"

OldMaster is off-linePlatinum Member
15 June 2012 08:30
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

She has just won today..a blow for sanity and freedom of expression. The council have backed down.

Paul Jones is online
15 June 2012 08:42
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Quote from PeterH
These councillors have been beaten by a little girl. Some resignations are in order. I guess they won't want to jump off that particular gravy train, though.

Very true.
www.PaulJones.org

215 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
acey angel_bites BekkiSianOx Bianca_DeBanks Bushyg40 candylee1990 Catrinarose ChantiX CharliAngel chosin christina22 claire_marie27 courtneyyeden emma_collins emmakatedawson GemmaRickett Hollyrose iamsam JenNev john1984 Kamilap katei katy_louise kaycid86 Kelliew1994 Kimmy99 ladyartist laranaarrogante laylarc LG_Watson Louisar madamk mandymack marta24 meganjoyce2014 misstrixierisque pamelawhat Paris r88sch Rachiebuckley roxy160 sarahjane94 sashababyx Shawty84 Shelley_Connolly Sophieryleigh Sweetrose tanyacox tashaholz tishie20 Unique_KR85 vickey wickens Zebedee
2webmedia adamspirit adrianc alban alexandru66 alwayscouture andypandy50 Angelic_Smiles asmodeus atvlondon auriolimages azurphotos baddo beaverray benbaily brianappleyard Brianseye celt ChrisNewton Chromoikiel cliffc dannyrich darkstudent daveken David_ballard david1500 davidd200 davidhunt dfletcher4images digitalmood djw djwilby dougharding eightball1 em26 eol eosfan figureman firelord19 For_Arts_Sake funky Gabby_d gerry99111 gfsphotography graemebayley grahamparkinson1 grahamr grahamsphotography Greendale_Images gshocker30 H_M_D_P Hardwick Hexpictures holywood hoodoo Hotdivas hotdrj hubertczajka Ianmcculloch IronHouse jack22 Jackass jackvineyard jaejay jakeyboy jamespepper jayp1 Jaywirksworth jefflynne JGDTOG jimpow jobbo51 Joe29 john_at_tina_spice johnb63 Johndentonphoto Johnrinaldi jonesy85 jorgecaan josephphotographic jrtaylor778 kaosrox KevB Kevin_M Kjoservices landmproductions Leicstog lester2705 lify LWalker maffphoto mareeoosh mark2112 mark44 MarkDobson marlhamphoto mattcairns Mauricesimagery MavMark MIB michael_cameraman mikebee moodimage moritz78 MorsePortfolios mph mr_mick Neil_M nesh7887 nikondave Nwphotofolio Optix paddymick para Paul_Jones peteb peterszafel pixelworx quentinferier Rob_b rod_m99 rodandthefaces roman_b ron Rscott360 RUPERT RupertRudd russ8585 russbenwalker russeld sandycamel screenhours Shawry shinywear shireknight Shooting skinz sniffer spiritofwales Stevedphoto Steveh32 SteveSJS55 stolenfaces Stu_Art Studio1 susanne333 Talkingdrum talldave68 theleedschap TheStudioMK Thomsonjo tigra Tpryse Udcmm7 uknaturalmodels violins visionofthebeholder visualtwo WhitePython zzdigital
blackbarn
chosin