If they attack one of us they attack us all

SimonB is off-lineGold Member
15 June 2012 07:46
DaseinPhoto
Photographer
DaseinPhoto
Essex
Epping

Schoolgirl, PS denizen or Don Mcullin - censorship is censorship.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18454800

I got the secret to happiness from the back of a bleach bottle - "Stand upright in a cool place"

Peter Hague is online
15 June 2012 08:02
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Whilst it is private property and they can do as they wish, it does smack as overbearing on something that is just a young girls project, something she'd have probably lost interest in soon, as most bloggers do.

But councillors are particularly noted for their stupidity, so it doesn't surprise me one bit. I'm surprised they didn't thow 'paedophiles' and 'terrorism' in as reasons for their decision.
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

D.O.M. is off-line
15 June 2012 08:19
BoudoirNE
Photographer
BoudoirNE
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne

Views are going up 2 - 3 per second the council involved is going to be very worried

Havoc is off-line
15 June 2012 08:22
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisaster
West Sussex
Brighton

I love how she drew her food when she didn't have her camera.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

David Heels is off-line
15 June 2012 09:01
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Just heard the headmaster on Radio 4 say he's changed his mind and the young girl can continue photographing and rating her school dinners. (Which has got to be better than eating them)

A victory for common sense.

Dave

rootofsilence is off-line
15 June 2012 09:27
rootofsilence
Photographer

Somerset

And the donations to her 'just giving' page have shot up - £5000 in the last half hour to a total now just short of 24k

Peter Hague is online
15 June 2012 09:42
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from Crippen
 A victory for common sense. Dave

It shouldn't need a public outcry for common sense to prevail, but the people making this decision should at least have the balls to see it through, rather than just changing their mind when things get a bit tough, emaphasising what a weak and pointless decision it was to begin with. 

These councillors have been beaten by a little girl. Some resignations are in order. I guess they won't want to jump off that particular gravy train, though.
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
15 June 2012 09:48
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

As reported in the Daily Record. Never lets the truth get in the way of a good headline
"Well, it's one for the money... Two for the show... Three to get ready... Now go, cat, go!"

OldMaster is off-linePlatinum Member
15 June 2012 11:30
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

She has just won today..a blow for sanity and freedom of expression. The council have backed down.

Paul Jones is off-line
15 June 2012 11:42
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Quote from PeterH
These councillors have been beaten by a little girl. Some resignations are in order. I guess they won't want to jump off that particular gravy train, though.

Very true.
www.PaulJones.org

170 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alex38 Angel8 ankesenamun BaileyK Beth_fox Bogle dede Emilymariefaith EveLaStrange FrankeeXxXx gemh GemmaRickett hannahhotchkiss jennykiss69 Jessrobinson katei katielouxox keiralavelle Kirsty123 kittypie LeeClifton LisbethModel Lottie21 loula_k Missminkie NikkiLouise93 pamelawhat peaches2013 pricey86 ReaganCx Saba sabien samanthaalexandra Sarahlouisearnold Sasha_marie Stellabria Stephlovie1 Tiffanynaylor Vickiej Whatdoyouthink Willowlove xxmrmthxx
2muchglam 63jian adamspirit AdrianSpencer Ajburnett akwaaba AlanBassettPhotography alasdairew AlexisJones alexorlando andypandy50 Aquarius auriolimages bbphotos BCPhotography bfsoab Bjg5858 blue_dragonfly Blushinglobster boss1968 boxy brendan bridgephotography callear camerawerks chriscooze christopher_ball chumbawumba chymera Clare_atherton clearview_photography cliffc conceptsglamour danberg dandelion DarrenB David_ballard davidhunt digineil djwilby Dkirk epsmith fitzkoraldo frankfoto garethreed garrye gerry99111 girlsathome glyndeacon gordon grahamh grahamr GSC4X Hexpictures hughspictures4u Ian1980 Ianmcculloch james_cohan james65 jasper jayceephotos johnb63 johnboy2 jon1goddard josh_woodcock_photography joyam JPV jskazza kenleeder Kfred kjoleweb Kjoservices kunta99 lego lester2705 madinina972 mark44 markby martinchristie marty_w maxphotos mcroshaw Mercman michael_cameraman MissT modjo30 nesh7887 nicholas_ainsley nige_nw NikonGCG Njeester NoNoizePhotography NRSglamour oceanova Paphotouk paul_turri paulmaclean paulq pcmphotography peterh Photoprogo Pierre47Tay pjbphoto pmeu Profilepictures PurpleGecko Rankin22 reynard rgrebby Rob_CIA rscott360 russbenwalker sebsm99 sensorphotography silverstar skinz srcimages steveh32 stiffoak571 Stimpy stolenfaces sweethome texpix theroundpeg tomphoto traius
discretion thefenlandstudio