Reminder Secure

Heroes of Photography

28 March 2011 14:50
Azteria
Model

Bob Carlos Clarke
Helmut Newton
Rankin
26th APRIL STUDIO DAY @ SMILES STUDIO, LINCOLN...........please contact me to make a booking

28 March 2011 14:55
the_abbot
Photographer

Sieff, Newton, Rankin, Bailey and Donovan.

Dylan Harries is off-line
28 March 2011 15:01
DWHphotography
Photographer
DWHphotography
West Glamorgan
SWANSEA

Bailey, Cartier- Bresson, Robert Capa, Brian Duffy, Testino

Jesfish is off-line
28 March 2011 15:06
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Got to be Tim Flach for me.

Monstersnowman is off-line
28 March 2011 15:23
monstersnowman
Photographer
monstersnowman
Lincolnshire

Well this thread cheapened the word 'hero' for sure.

I dont think I could list 5 despite studying a degree in photography. I do appreciate many images - some by unknown people, some by so-called 'heroes' and also hated many images by the same but I often don't look at the name of the photographer unless I really wish to see more of their work. At college it was almost a required thing that almost smugly, validated your integrity and knowledge as a photographer if you were able to, as soon as possible, list a well known group of names you were educated enough to know and tasteful enough to appreciate, especially if they were mysteriously unknown to anyone not within the educated photographic circle. David Bailey would never appear as he was mass popular culture .. far too common ) Each to their own I guess.
Lord forgive me for my forum sins ... the latest one is a biggy !!

28 March 2011 15:30
jdtate101
Photographer

Don McCullin for sure, his war photography is in every sense powerful. The man risked his life shooting the Khmar Rouge, and has taken amazing shots whilst under fire (one AK-47 round having destroyed his Nikon F). A hero and a very brave man.
www.jamestatephotography.co.uk www.vimeo.com/jdtate101

28 March 2011 15:35
Student
Photographer

Quote from jdtate101
Don McCullin for sure.

+1

Just imo.

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
miles
bigearspix cygnet kesi